The LSM303AH is an ultra-low-power high-performance system-in-package featuring a 3D digital linear acceleration sensor and a 3D digital magnetic sensor.
The LSM303AH has user-selectable linear acceleration full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16 g and is capable of measuring accelerations with output data rates from 1 Hz to 6400 Hz. The device has a magnetic field dynamic range of ±50 gauss with output data rates from10 Hz to 100 Hz. The LSM303AH includes an I2C serial bus interface that supports standard, fast mode, fast mode plus, and high-speed (100 kHz, 400 kHz, 1 MHz, and 3.4 MHz) and an SPI serial standard interface.
The LSM303AH has an integrated 256-level first-in, first-out (FIFO) buffer allowing the user to store data in order to limit intervention by the host processor. The FIFO buffer applies only to the accelerometer.
The embedded self-test capability allows the user to check the functioning of the sensor in the final application.
The system can be configured to generate an interrupt signal for free-fall, motion detection and magnetic field detection. The magnetic and accelerometer blocks can be enabled or put into power-down mode separately.
The LSM303AH is available in a plastic land grid array package (LGA) and is guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range from -40 °C to +85 °C.
- 3 magnetic field channels and 3 acceleration channels
- ±50 gauss magnetic dynamic range
- ±2/±4/±8/±16 g selectable acceleration full scales
- Anti-aliasing filter
- 16-bit data output
- SPI / I2C serial interfaces
- Analog supply voltage 1.71 V to 1.98 V
- Programmable interrupt generators for free-fall, motion and magnetic field detection
- Embedded self-test
- Embedded 256-level FIFO
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded digital functions: step detector, step counter, significant motion and tilt
- ECOPACK®, RoHS and “Green” compliant
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.