The STM32 high-performance MCU platform leverages ST’s NVM technology to combine:
- Best-in-class system performance for code execution, data transfers and data processing
- High integration: largest range of embedded memory densities and advanced peripherals
- Power efficiency
The high-performance MCU platform consists of 4 compatible product series, from entry-level STM32F4 Access lines microcontrollers (Cortex-M4 based) to the world’s highest performance Cortex-M7 based MCU, the STM32H7 series.
Based on ST’s advanced 90-nm and 40-nm NVM process technology from 216 MHz / 462 DMIPS to 400 MHz / 856 DMIPS, these two series takes advantage of an L1 cache to deliver the maximum theoretical performance of the Cortex-M7 core, regardless if code is executed from embedded Flash or an external memory. The STM32H7 series leverages ST's 40-nm process to embed 1 Mbyte of RAM and 2 Mbytes of Flash memory in the most advanced performance architecture ever. The STM32F7 and STM32H7 series now include Value lines, which bring a breakthrough price level by keeping the Flash to the essential. Learn more on STM32F7x0 and STM32H750 dedicated webpages.
Leveraging ST’s advanced 90-nm NVM process technology and from 168 MHz / 210 DMIPS to 180 MHz / 225DMIPS, these 11 compatible product lines of digital signal controllers (DSC) offer a perfect symbiosis of the real-time control capabilities of an MCU and the signal processing performance of a digital signal processor (DSP), combined with a rich set of advanced peripherals and large memories.
Using ST’s advanced 90-nm NVM process technology combined with a Cortex-M3 core running at 120 MHz /150 DMIPS, the STM32F2 series was the first to include an innovative adaptive real-time memory accelerator (ART Accelerator™) and multi-layer bus matrix to offer an unprecedented trade-off in performance, integration and price.
Based on ST’s advanced 90-nm NVM process technology, the Access line groups together the entry-level microcontrollers of the STM32F4 series! With 84 MHz /105 DMIPS, it offers the smallest, cost-effective solution with outstanding power efficiency (Dynamic Efficiency™) and an extended temperature range (up to 125 °C ambient temperature).
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
STM32 step-by-step is a learning program, and is part of the STM32 Education initiative, designed for anyone interested in getting started on building projects with the STM32 microcontroller and its powerful ecosystem of development boards and software programming tools.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
Getting started with high-performance STM32H7 microcontrollers
- Developers can quickly get started with these cost-efficient, versatile development tools. Choose our STM32H7 Discovery kit or 144-pin Nucleo board with the best features for developing your prototypes.
- Download the STM32CubeH7 embedded software package containing useful real-life code examples based on the HAL and LL (low-layer) APIs.
- Install the latest version of STM32CubeMX graphical software configuration tool to refine pinout, clocks and memory partitioning and evaluate the expected power consumption. In only a few clicks, your application is ready and waiting for your ideas to take shape.