STM32F7 series of very high-performance MCUs with ARM® Cortex®-M7 core
Taking advantage of ST’s ART Accelerator™ as well as an L1 cache, STM32F7 microcontrollers deliver the maximum theoretical performance of the Cortex-M7 core, regardless if code is executed from embedded Flash or external memory: 1082 CoreMark /462 DMIPS at 216 MHz fCPU.
Smart architecture with new peripheral set
The STM32F7 series unleashes the Cortex-M7 core:
- AXI and multi-AHB bus matrixes for interconnecting core, peripherals and memories
- Up to 16 Kbytes +16 Kbytes of I-cache and D-cache
- Up to 2 Mbytes of embedded Flash memory, with Read-While-Write capability on certain devices
- Two general-purpose DMA controllers and dedicated DMA controllers for Ethernet (on some variants), high-speed USB On-The-Go interfaces and the Chrom-ART graphic accelerator (on some variants)
- Peripheral speed is independent from CPU speed (dual clock support) allowing system clock changes without any impact on peripheral operations
- Even more peripherals, such as two serial audio interfaces (SAI) with SPDIF output support, three I²S half-duplex interfaces with SPDIF input support, two USB OTG interfaces with dedicated power supply and Dual-mode Quad-SPI Flash memory interface
- Large SRAM with a scattered architecture:
- Up to 512 Kbytes of universal data memory, including up to 128 Kbytes of Tightly-Coupled Memory for Data (DTCM) for time critical data handling (stack, heap...)
- 16 Kbytes of Tightly-Coupled Memory for Instructions (ITCM) for time-critical routines
- 4 Kbytes of backup SRAM to keep data in the lowest power modes
- Protected code execution feature (PC-ROP) on some variants
- On-chip USB high-speed PHY on some variants
- 7 CoreMark/mW at 1.8 V
- 100 µA typical current consumption in Stop mode with all context and SRAM saved
- Cortex-M7 is backwards compatible with the Cortex-M4 instruction set
- STM32F7 series is pin-to-pin compatible with the STM32F4 series*
* Note: see datasheet for the specific case of 64- and 100-pin packages
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
New High-performance Value Line boost real-time IoT-device innovation
The latest STM32 High-performance Value Line gives extra flexibility to create affordable performance-oriented systems including real-time IoT devices, without compromising features or cyber protection.