Support for the NeoChrom GPU
2.5D Accelerator with massive hardware optimizations for rich UIs on STM32, fully integrated in X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX. Learn more.
The STM32U5Axxx devices belong to an ultra-low-power microcontrollers family (STM32U5 Series) based on the high-performance Arm® Cortex®-M33 32-bit RISC core. They operate at a frequency of up to 160 MHz.
The Cortex®-M33 core features a single-precision FPU (floating-point unit), that supports all the Arm® single-precision data-processing instructions and all the data types.
The Cortex®-M33 core also implements a full set of DSP (digital signal processing) instructions and a MPU (memory protection unit) that enhances the application security.
The devices embed high-speed memories (4 Mbytes of flash memory and 2.5 Mbytes of SRAM), a FSMC (flexible external memory controller) for static memories (for devices with packages of 100 pins and more), two Octo-SPI and one Hexadeca-SPI memory interfaces (at least one Quad-SPI available on all packages) and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to three APB buses, three AHB buses and a 32-bit multi-AHB bus matrix.
The devices offer security foundation compliant with the TBSA (trusted-based security architecture) requirements from Arm®. It embeds the necessary security features to implement a secure boot, secure data storage and secure firmware update. Besides these capabilities, the devices incorporate a secure firmware installation feature, that allows the customer to secure the provisioning of the code during its production. A flexible life cycle is managed thanks to multiple levels of readout protection and debug unlock with password. Firmware hardware isolation is supported thanks to securable peripherals, memories and I/Os, and privilege configuration of peripherals and memories.
The devices feature several protection mechanisms for embedded flash memory and SRAM: readout protection, write protection, secure and hide protection areas.
The devices embed several peripherals reinforcing security: a fast AES coprocessor, a secure AES coprocessor with DPA resistance and hardware unique key that can be shared by hardware with fast AES, a PKA (public key accelerator) with DPA resistance, an on-the-fly decryption engine for Octo-SPI external memories, a HASH hardware accelerator, and a true random number generator.
The devices offer active tamper detection and protection against transient and environmental perturbation attacks, thanks to several internal monitoring generating secret data erase in case of attack. This helps to fit the PCI requirements for point of sales applications.
The devices offer two fast 14-bit ADCs (2.5 Msps), one 12-bit ADC (2.5 Msps), two comparators, two operational amplifiers, two DAC channels, an internal voltage reference buffer, a low-power RTC, four 32-bit general-purpose timers, two 16-bit PWM timers dedicated to motor control, three 16-bit general-purpose timers, two 16-bit basic timers and four 16-bit low-power timers.
The devices offer a rich set of graphic features: Neo-Chrom GPU (GPU2D) for fast texture mapping, scaling and rotation, Chrom-ART (DMA2D) for smooth motion and transparency effects, Chrom-GRC (GFXMMU) for memory optimization, MIPI® DSI Host controller with two DSI lanes running at up to 500 Mbit/s each, and LCD-TFT controller (LTDC).
The devices support a MDF (multi-function digital filter) with six filters dedicated to the connection of external sigma-delta modulators. Another low-power digital filter dedicated to audio signals is embedded (ADF), with one filter supporting sound-activity detection. The devices embed mathematical accelerators (a trigonometric functions accelerator plus a filter mathematical accelerator). In addition, up to 22 capacitive sensing channels are available.
The devices also feature standard and advanced communication interfaces such as: six I2Cs, three SPIs, four USARTs, two UARTs and one low-power UART, two SAIs, one DCMI (digital camera interface), two SDMMCs, one FDCAN, one USB OTG high-speed, one USB Type-C™/USB Power Delivery controller, and one generic synchronous 8-/16-bit PSSI (parallel data input/output slave interface).
The devices operate in the –40 to +85 °C (+ 105 °C junction) and –40 to +125 °C (+130 °C junction) temperature ranges from a 1.71 to 3.6 V power supply.
A comprehensive set of power-saving modes allow the design of low-power applications. Many peripherals (including communication, analog, timers and audio peripherals) can be functional and autonomous down to Stop mode with direct memory access, thanks to LPBAM support (low-power background autonomous mode).
Some independent power supplies are supported like an analog independent supply input for ADC, DACs, OPAMPs and comparators, a 3.3 V dedicated supply input for USB and up to 14 I/Os, that can be supplied independently down to 1.08 V. A VBAT input is available for connecting a backup battery in order to preserve the RTC functionality and to backup 32 32-bit registers and 2-Kbyte SRAM.
The devices offer ten packages from 64 to 216 pins.
- Includes ST state-of-the-art patented technology
- Ultra-low-power with FlexPowerControl
- 1.71 V to 3.6 V power supply
- - 40 °C to + 85/125 °C temperature range
- Low-power background autonomous mode (LPBAM): autonomous peripherals with DMA, functional down to Stop 2 mode
- VBAT mode: supply for RTC, 32 x 32-bit backup registers and 2-Kbyte backup SRAM
- 150 nA Shutdown mode (24 wake-up pins)
- 195 nA Standby mode (24 wake-up pins)
- 480 nA Standby mode with RTC
- 2 μA Stop 3 mode with 40-Kbyte SRAM
- 8.2 μA Stop 3 mode with 2.5-Mbyte SRAM
- 4.65 µA Stop 2 mode with 40-Kbyte SRAM
- 17.5 µA Stop 2 mode with 2.5-Mbyte SRAM
- 18.5 μA/MHz Run mode at 3.3 V
- Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M33 CPU with TrustZone®, MPU, DSP, and FPU
- ART Accelerator
- 32-Kbyte ICACHE allowing 0-wait-state execution from Flash and external memories: frequency up to 160 MHz, 240 DMIPS
- 16-Kbyte DCACHE1 for external memories
- Power management
- Embedded regulator (LDO) and SMPS step-down converter supporting switch on-the-fly and voltage scaling
- 1.5 DMIPS/MHz (Drystone 2.1)
- 651 CoreMark® (4.07 CoreMark®/MHz)
- 369 ULPMark™-CP
- 89 ULPMark™-PP
- 47.2 ULPMark™-CM
- 120000 SecureMark™-TLS
- 4-Mbyte Flash memory with ECC, 2 banks read-while-write, including 512 Kbytes with 100 kcycles
- With SRAM3 ECC off: 2514-Kbyte RAM including 66 Kbytes with ECC
- With SRAM3 ECC on: 2450-Kbyte RAM including 322 Kbytes with ECC
- External memory interface supporting SRAM, PSRAM, NOR, NAND, and FRAM memories
- 2 Octo-SPI memory interfaces
- 16-bit HSPI memory interface up to 160 MHz
- Rich graphic features
- Neo-Chrom GPU (GPU2D) accelerating any angle rotation, scaling, and perspective correct texture mapping
- 16-Kbyte DCACHE2
- Chrom-ART accelerator (DMA2D) for smooth motion and transparency effects
- Chrom-GRC (GFXMMU) allowing up to 20 % of graphic resources optimization
- MIPI® DSI Host controller with two DSI lanes running at up to 500 Mbit/s each
- LCD-TFT controller (LTDC)
- Digital camera interface
- General-purpose input/outputs
- Up to 156 fast I/Os with interrupt capability most 5V-tolerant and up to 14 I/Os with independent supply down to 1.08 V
- Clock management
- 4 to 50 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz crystal oscillator for RTC (LSE)
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC (± 1 %)
- Internal low-power 32 kHz RC (± 5 %)
- 2 internal multispeed 100 kHz to 48 MHz oscillators, including one auto-trimmed by LSE (better than ±0.25 % accuracy)
- Internal 48 MHz
- 5 PLLs for system clock, USB, audio, ADC, DSI
- Security and cryptography
- Arm® TrustZone® and securable I/Os, memories, and peripherals
- Flexible life-cycle scheme with RDP and password-protected debug
- Root of trust thanks to unique boot entry and secure hide-protection area (HDP)
- Secure firmware installation (SFI) thanks to embedded root secure services (RSS)
- Secure data storage with hardware unique key (HUK)
- Secure firmware upgrade support with TF-M
- 2 AES coprocessors including one with DPA resistance
- Public key accelerator, DPA resistant
- On-the-fly decryption of Octo-SPI external memories
- HASH hardware accelerator
- True random number generator, NIST SP800-90B compliant
- 96-bit unique ID
- 512-byte OTP (one-time programmable)
- Active tampers
- Up to 17 timers, 2 watchdogs and RTC
- 19 timers: 2 16-bit advanced motor-control, 4 32-bit, 3 16-bit general purpose, 2 16-bit basic, 4 low-power 16-bit (available in Stop mode), 2 SysTick timers, and 2 watchdogs
- RTC with hardware calendar, alarms, and calibration
- Up to 25 communication peripherals
- 1 USB Type-C®/USB power delivery controller
- 1 USB OTG high-speed with embedded PHY
- 2 SAIs (serial-audio interface)
- 6 I2C FM+(1 Mbit/s), SMBus/PMBus™
- 7 USARTs (ISO 7816, LIN, IrDA, modem)
- 3 SPIs (6x SPIs with OCTOSPI/HSPI)
- 1 CAN FD controller
- 2 SDMMC interfaces
- 1 multi-function digital filter (6 filters) + 1 audio digital filter with sound-activity detection
- Parallel synchronous slave interface
- Mathematical coprocessor
- CORDIC for trigonometric functions acceleration
- FMAC (filter mathematical accelerator)
- Rich analog peripherals (independent supply)
- 2 14-bit ADC 2.5-Msps with hardware oversampling
- 1 12-bit ADC 2.5-Msps, with hardware oversampling, autonomous in Stop 2 mode
- 12-bit DAC (2 channels), low-power sample, and hold, autonomous in Stop 2 mode
- 2 operational amplifiers with built-in PGA
- 2 ultra-low-power comparators
- ECOPACK2 compliant packages
Recommended Tools & Software
STMicroelectronics - STM32U5A9VJ
System View Description (1)
|ZIP||1.1||23 Feb 2023|| |
23 Feb 2023
IBIS models (1)
|ZIP||1.0||12 Aug 2021|| |
12 Aug 2021
BSDL files (1)
|ZIP||1.1||29 May 2023|| |
29 May 2023
|LQFP 100 14x14x1.4 mm||Internal||工业||Ecopack2|
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持。
|产品型号||Order from distributors||从ST订购||供货状态||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||包装类型||封装||温度（ºC）||Country of Origin||Timers (typ) (16-bit)||Timers (typ) (32-bit)||Number of Channels (typ)||Number of Channels (typ)||Number of Channels (typ)||D/A Converters (typ) (12-bit)||Comparator||I/Os (High Current)||CAN (2.0)||CAN (FD)||SPI (typ)||I2S (typ)||USART (typ)||UART (typ)||Integrated op-amps||SMPS||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|| |
Country of Origin
Timers (typ) (16-bit)
Timers (typ) (32-bit)
Number of Channels (typ)
Number of Channels (typ)
Number of Channels (typ)
D/A Converters (typ) (12-bit)
I/Os (High Current)
|STM32U5A9VJT6Q|| distributors |
| Buy from Distributor || |
|5A992.c||NEC||Tray||LQFP 100 14x14x1.4 mm||-40||85||TAIWAN||12||4||18||19||-||2||2||79||-||1||3||-||4||3||2||Internal|| || |
Operating Temperature (°C)
Country of Origin:
Timers (typ) (16-bit):
Timers (typ) (32-bit):
Number of Channels (typ):
Number of Channels (typ):
Number of Channels (typ):
D/A Converters (typ) (12-bit):
I/Os (High Current):