The STM32WB50CG multiprotocol wireless and ultra-low-power device embeds a powerful and ultra-low-power radio compliant with the Bluetooth® Low Energy SIG specification v5.0 or with IEEE 802.15.4-2011. It contains a dedicated Arm® Cortex® -M0+ for performing all the real-time low layer operation.
The STM32WB50CG device is designed to be extremely low-power and is based on the high-performance Arm® Cortex®-M4 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 64 MHz. The Cortex®-M4 core features a Floating point unit (FPU) single precision that supports all Arm® single-precision data-processing instructions and data types. It also implements a full set of DSP instructions and a memory protection unit (MPU) that enhances application security.
Enhanced inter-processor communication is provided by the IPCC with six bidirectional channels. The HSEM provides hardware semaphores used to share common resources between the two processors.
The STM32WB50CG device embeds high-speed memories (1 Mbyte of Flash memory, 128 Kbyte of SRAM) and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals.
Direct data transfer between memory and peripherals and from memory to memory is supported by seven DMA channels with a full flexible channel mapping by the DMAMUX peripheral.
The STM32WB50CG device features several mechanisms for embedded Flash memory and SRAM: readout protection, write protection and proprietary code readout protection. Portions of the memory can be secured for Cortex® -M0+ exclusive access.
The AES encryption engine, PKA and RNG enable lower layer MAC and upper layer cryptography. A customer key storage feature may be used to keep the keys hidden.
The device offers a fast 16-bit ADC.
The device embeds a low-power RTC, one advanced 16-bit timer, one general-purpose32-bit timer, two general-purpose 16-bit timers, and two 16-bit low-power timers.
The STM32WB50CG device also features standard and advanced communication interfaces, namely one USART (ISO 7816, IrDA, Modbus and Smartcard mode), one I2C (SMBus/PMBus), one SPI (up to 32 MHz).
The STM32WB50CG operates in the -10 to +85 °C (+105 °C junction) temperature range from a 2.0 to 3.6 V power supply. A comprehensive set of power-saving modes enables the design of low-power applications.
The STM32WB50CG includes independent power supplies for analog input for ADC.
A VBAT dedicated supply allows the device to back up the LSE 32.768KHz oscillator, the RTC and the backup registers, thus enabling the STM32WB50CG to supply these functions even if the main VDD is not present through a CR2032-like battery, a Supercap or a small rechargeable battery.
The STM32WB50CG is available in a 48-pin UFQFPN package.
- Includes ST state-of-the-art patented technology
- 2.4 GHz
- RF transceiver supporting Bluetooth® 5 specification or IEEE 802.15.4-2011 PHY and MAC, supporting Thread and ZigBee® 3.0
- RX sensitivity: -96 dBm (Bluetooth® Low Energy at 1 Mbps), -100 dBm (802.15.4)
- Programmable output power up to +4 dBm with 1 dB steps
- Integrated balun to reduce BOM
- Support for 1 Mbps
- Dedicated Arm® 32-bit Cortex® M0 + CPU for real-time Radio layer
- Accurate RSSI to enable power control
- Suitable for systems requiring compliance with radio frequency regulations ETSI EN 300 328, EN 300 440, FCC CFR47 Part 15 and ARIB STD-T66
- Support for external PA
- Available integrated passive device (IPD) companion chip for optimized matching solution (MLPF-WB55-01E3)
- Ultra-low-power platform
- 2.0 to 3.6 V power supply
- – 10 °C to +85 °C temperature range
- 14 nA shutdown mode
- 700 nA Standby mode + RTC + 32 KB RAM
- 2.25 µA Stop mode + RTC + 128 KB RAM
- Radio: Rx 7.9 mA / Tx at 0 dBm 12 mA
- Core: Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU with FPU, adaptive real-time accelerator (ART Accelerator) allowing 0-wait-state execution from Flash memory, frequency up to 64 MHz, MPU, 80 DMIPS and DSP instructions
- Performance benchmark
- 1.25 DMIPS/MHz (Drystone 2.1)
- 219.48 CoreMark® (3.43 CoreMark/MHz at 64 MHz)
- Energy benckmark
- 303 ULPMark™ CP score
- Supply and reset management
- Ultra-safe, low-power BOR (brownout reset) with five selectable thresholds
- Ultra-low-power POR/PDR
- Programmable voltage detector (PVD)
- VBAT mode with RTC and backup registers
- Clock sources
- 32 MHz crystal oscillator with integrated trimming capacitors (Radio and CPU clock)
- 32 kHz crystal oscillator for RTC (LSE)
- Internal low-power 32 kHz (±5%) RC (LSI1)
- Internal low-power 32 kHz (stability ±500 ppm) RC (LSI2)
- Internal multispeed 100 kHz to 48 MHz oscillator, auto-trimmed by LSE (better than ±0.25% accuracy)
- High speed internal 16 MHz factory trimmed RC (±1%)
- 1x PLL for system clock and ADC
- 1 MB Flash memory with sector protection (PCROP) against R/W operations, enabling authentic Bluetooth® Low Energy and 802.15.4 SW stack
- 128 KB SRAM, including 64 KB with hardware parity check
- 20x32-bit backup register
- Boot loader supporting USART, SPI, I2C interfaces
- OTA (over the air) Bluetooth® Low Energy and 802.15.4 update
- Rich analog peripherals (down to 2.0 V)
- 12-bit ADC 2.13 Msps, up to 16-bit with hardware oversampling, 200 µA/Msps
- System peripherals
- Inter processor communication controller (IPCC) for communication with Bluetooth® Low Energy and 802.15.4
- HW semaphores for resources sharing between CPUs
- 1x DMA controller (7x channels) supporting ADC, SPI, I2C, USART, AES, timers
- 1x USART (ISO 7816, IrDA, SPI Master, Modbus and Smartcard mode)
- 1x SPI 32 Mbit/s
- 1x I2C (SMBus/PMBus)
- 1x 16-bit, four channels advanced timer
- 2x 16-bits, two channels timer
- 1x 32-bits, four channels timer
- 2x 16-bits ultra-low-power timer
- 1x independent Systick
- 1x independent watchdog
- 1x window watchdog
- Security and ID
- Secure firmware installation (SFI) for Bluetooth® Low Energy and 802.15.4 SW stack
- 2x hardware encryption AES maximum 256-bit for the application, the Bluetooth® Low Energy and IEEE802.15.4
- Customer key storage / key manager services
- HW public key authority (PKA)
- Cryptographic algorithms: RSA, Diffie-Helman, ECC over GF(p)
- True random number generator (RNG)
- Sector protection against R/W operation (PCROP)
- CRC calculation unit
- Die information: 96-bit unique ID
- IEEE 64-bit unique ID. Possibility to derive 802.15.4 64-bit and Bluetooth® Low Energy 48-bit EUI
- Up to 30 fast I/Os, 28 of them 5 V-tolerant
- Development support
- Serial wire debug (SWD), JTAG for the Application processor
- Application cross trigger
- All packages are ECOPACK2 compliant
As part of our embedded online event, we had the pleasure of filming with Reinhard Keil, a Senior Director of Embedded Tools at ARM.
This video is about the STM32L5, our recently announced ultra-low power microcontroller bringing a new security dimension. The STM32L5 is now in full production and all its ecosystem is available including hardware kits, software tools, firmware and all documentations of course. This is our first STM32 based on Cortex-M33 and its Trustzone and using specific ST security implementation - watch the video to find out more!
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
|UFQFPN 48 7x7x0.55||Industrial||Ecopack2|| |
Package:UFQFPN 48 7x7x0.55
UFQFPN 48 7x7x0.55
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。