The high-density STM8L162x8 ultra-low-power devices feature an enhanced STM8 CPU core providing increased processing power (up to 16 MIPS at 16 MHz) while maintaining the advantages of a CISC architecture with improved code density, a 24-bit linear addressing space and an optimized architecture for low-power operations.
The family includes an integrated debug module with a hardware interface (SWIM) which allows non-intrusive in-application debugging and ultrafast Flash programming.
All high-density STM8L162x8 microcontrollers feature embedded data EEPROM and low-power low-voltage single-supply program Flash memory.
The devices incorporate an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals, a 12-bit ADC, two DACs, two comparators, a real-time clock, AES, 8x40 or 4x44-segment LCD, four 16-bit timers, one 8-bit timer, as well as standard communication interfaces such as two SPIs, an I2C interface, and three USARTs. The modular design of the peripheral set allows the same peripherals to be found in different ST microcontroller families including 32-bit families. This makes any transition to a different family very easy, and simplified even more by the use of a common set of development tools.
- Operating conditions
- Operating power supply: 1.65 to 3.6 V (without BOR), 1.8 to 3.6 V (with BOR)
- Temp. range: -40 to 85, 105 or 125 °C
- Low-power features
- 5 low-power modes: Wait, Low-power run, Low-power wait, Active-halt with full RTC, Halt
- Ultra low leakage per I/0: 50 nA
- Fast wake up from Halt mode: 5 μs
- Advanced STM8 core
- Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline
- Max freq: 16 MHz, 16 CISC MIPS peak
- Up to 40 external interrupt sources
- Reset and supply management
- Low-power, ultra safe BOR reset with five selectable thresholds
- Ultra-low-power POR/PDR
- Programmable voltage detector (PVD)
- Clock management
- 32 kHz and 1-16 MHz crystal oscillators
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC and 38 kHz low consumption RC
- Clock security system
- Low-power RTC
- BCD calendar with alarm interrupt,
- Digital calibration with +/- 0.5ppm accuracy
- LSE security system
- Auto wake up from Halt w/periodic interrupt
- Advanced anti-tamper detection
- LCD: 8x40 or 4x44 w/ step-up converter
- 4 ch. for ADC, AES, DACs, SPIs, I2C, USARTs, Timers, 1 ch. for memory-to-memory
- AES encryption hardware accelerator
- 2x12-bit DAC (dual mode) with output buffer
- 12-bit ADC up to 1 Msps/28 channels
- Temp. sensor and internal ref. voltage
- Up to 64 KB of Flash memory with up to 2 KB of data EEPROM with ECC and RWW
- Flexible write/read protection modes
- Up to 4 KB of RAM
- 2 ultra-low-power comparators
- 1 with fixed threshold and 1 rail to rail
- Wake up capability
- Three 16-bit timers with 2 channels (IC, OC, PWM), quadrature encoder
- One 16-bit advanced control timer with 3 channels, supporting motor control
- One 8-bit timer with 7-bit prescaler
- One window, one independent watchdog
- Beeper timer with 1, 2 or 4 kHz frequencies
- Communication interfaces
- Two synchronous serial interface (SPI)
- Fast I2C 400 kHz SMBus and PMBus
- Three USARTs (ISO 7816 interface + IrDA)
- Up to 67 I/Os, all mappable on interrupt vectors
- Up to 16 capacitive sensing channels supporting touchkey, proximity, linear touch and rotary touch sensors
- Fast on-chip programming and non-intrusive debugging with SWIM, Bootloader using USART
- 96-bit unique ID
- Operating conditions
We asked Christophe the following questions: - How is ST engaged in the 8-bit MCU market ? - What benefits does the STM8 bring? - What applications are suitable for STM8 (no change) - What kind of ecosystem does STM8 have?
Learn the basics of our STM8L series of ultra-low-power microcontrollers !
Get started with ST MCU Finder, the best way to explore the complete portfolio of STM32 ARM® Cortex®-M and STM8 microcontrollers now directly from Windows, Linux or Mac computers.
|LQFP 64 10x10x1.4||工业||Ecopack2|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.