Cesium RTOS is a full-featured embedded operating system that was originally forked from Micrium µC/OS. The codebase is strictly developed and maintained by Weston Embedded Solutions. It features support for TCP/IP, USB Host/Device, and Modbus, as well as a robust file system.
Designed for ease of use on a vast number of CPU architectures, Cesium Cs/OS3 kernel is a key component of the Cesium RTOS package.
Cs/OS3 kernel features include:
- Preemptive multitasking real-time kernel with optional round-robin scheduling
- Delivered with complete, clean, consistent source code with in-depth documentation
- Highly scalable: Unlimited number of tasks, priorities, and kernel objects
- Resource-efficient: 6K to 24K bytes code space, 2K+ bytes data space)
- Very low interrupt disable time
- Extensive performance measurement metrics (configurable)
- Certifiable for safety-critical applications
All Cesium RTOS components are commercially licensed. All commercial licenses are a one-time purchase that are perpetual for the life of your product and royalty-free. The license is based on your end-product's deployment, for establishing the commercial license costs.
Commercial licensees additionally receive one year of software maintenance and support included with their license at no additional cost.
Note: The MadeForSTM32 label, in its V2 release, has been granted for version 1.3.0 of the product.