The A7986A is a step-down switching regulator with a 3.7 A (min.) current limited embedded power MOSFET, so it is able to deliver up to 3 A current to the load depending on the application conditions.
The input voltage can range from 4.5 V to 38 V, while the output voltage can be set starting from 0.6 V to VIN.
Requiring a minimum set of external components, the device includes an internal 250 kHz switching frequency oscillator that can be externally adjusted up to 1 MHz.
The HSOP8 package with exposed pad allows the reduction of Rth(JA) down to 40 °C/W.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- 3 A DC output current
- 4.5 V to 38 V input voltage
- Output voltage adjustable from 0.6 V
- 250 kHz switching frequency, programmable up to 1 MHz
- Internal soft-start and enable
- Low dropout operation: 100% duty cycle
- Voltage feed-forward
- Zero load current operation
- Overcurrent and thermal protection
- HSOP8 package
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.