The HVLED001B is an enhanced peak current mode controller able to control mainly high power factor (HPF) flyback or buck-boost. Some other topologies such as buck, boost and SEPIC, can also be implemented.
Primary side regulation and optocoupler control can be applied independently on the chip, both exploiting precise regulation and very low standby power during no load conditions.
The innovative ST high voltage technology allows direct connection of the HVLED001B to the input voltage in order to both start up the device and to monitor the input voltage, without the need for external components.
Abnormal conditions like open circuit, output short-circuit, input over-voltage or under-voltage and circuit failures like open loop and overcurrent of the main switch are effectively controlled.
A smart Auto Recover Timer (ART) function is built in to guarantee an automatic application recovery, without any loss of reliability.
- Quasi resonant (QR) topology
- Primary side regulation of output voltage
- Direct optocoupler connection for current loop regulation with feedback disconnection detection
- 800 V high voltage startup
- High power factor and low THD in universal range
- High efficiency and output stability in wide voltage and current range
- Extremely low standby power at no load condition
- Programmable frequency foldback
- Integrated input voltage detection for high power factor capability and protection triggering
- Latch-free device guarantee by smart auto-reload timer (ART)
- 0-10 and PWM dimming compatible
- Remote control pin
Watch the ALED1262ZT video, an automotive-grade 12-Channel LED Driver for advanced rear lighting solutions
The smart way to design your application
Light on your ideas
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.