The L5973AD is a step down monolithic power switching regulator with a switch current limit of 2A so it is able to deliver more than 1.5 A DC current to the load depending on the application conditions.
The output voltage can be set from 1.235 V to 35 V. The high current level is also achieved thanks to an SO8 package with exposed frame, that allows to reduce the RthJA down to approximately 40 °C/W.
The device uses an internal P-Channel D-MOS transistor (with a typical of 200 mΩ) as switching element to avoid the use of bootstrap capacitor and guarantee high efficiency.
An internal oscillator fixes the switching frequency at 500 kHz to minimize the size of external components.
Having a minimum input voltage of 4 V only, it is particularly suitable for 5 V bus, available in all computer related applications.
Pulse by pulse current limit with the internal frequency modulation offers an effective constant current short circuit protection.
- Inhibit for zero current consumption
- Internal current limiting
- Protection against feedback disconnection
- Thermal shutdown
- Voltage feedforward
- 500 kHz Internally fixed frequency
- 2 A Internal switch
- 3.3 V / (±2 %) reference voltage
- Operating input voltage from 4 V to 36 V
- Low dropout operation: 100 % duty cycle
- Zero load current operation
- Output voltage adjustable from 1.235 V to 35 V
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。