The L5973D is a step down monolithic power switching regulator with a minimum switch current limit of 2.5 A so it is able to deliver more than 2 A DC current to the load depending on the application conditions. The output voltage can be set from 1.235 V to 35 V. The high current level is also achieved thanks to an SO8 package with exposed frame, that allows to reduce the Rth(j-amb) down to approximately 40 °C/W. The device uses an internal P-channel D-MOS transistor (with a typical Rdson of 250 mΩ) as switching element to minimize the size of the external components. An internal oscillator fixes the switching frequency at 250 kHz. Having a minimum input voltage of 4 V only, it is particularly suitable for 5 V bus, available in all computer related applications. Pulse by pulse current limit with the internal frequency modulation offers an effective constant current short circuit protection.
- 2.5 A internal switch
- Operating input voltage from 4 V to 36 V
- 3.3 V / (±2%) reference voltage
- Output voltage adjustable from 1.235 V to 35 V
- Low dropout operation: 100 % duty cycle
- 250 kHz internally fixed frequency
- Voltage feedforward
- Zero load current operation
- Internal current limiting
- Adjustable soft-start time
- Inhibit for zero current consumption
- Protection against feedback disconnection
- Thermal shutdown
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.