The L6738A is a single-phase step-down controller with integrated high-current drivers that provides complete control logic and protection to realize a DC-DC converter.
The device flexibility allows to manage conversions with power input VINas low as 1.5V and the device supply voltage ranging from 5 V to 12 V bus.
The L6738A features a proprietary algorithm that allows Light-Load efficiency optimization, boosting efficiency without compromising the output voltage ripple.
The integrated 0.8 V reference allows generation of output voltages with ±0.5% accuracy over line and temperature variations.
The oscillator is programmable up to 600 kHz.
The L6738A provides a programmable overcurrent protection and overvoltage protection. The current information is monitored across the inductor DCR.
The L6738A is available in a VFQFPN 16 3x3 mm package.
- Flexible power supply from 5 V to 12 V bus
- Power conversion input as low as 1.5 V
- Light-load efficiency optimization
- Embedded bootstrap diode
- VIN detector
- 0.8 V internal reference
- 0.5% output voltage accuracy
- Remote GND recovery
- High-current integrated drivers
- Sensorless and programmable precise-OC sense across Inductor DCR
- OV protection
- Programmable oscillator up to 600 kHz
- LS-less to manage pre-bias startup
- Adjustable output voltage
- Disable function
- Internal soft-start
- VFQFPN 16 3x3 mm package
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.