The LD1084 is a low-drop voltage regulator providing up to 5 A of output current. Dropout is guaranteed at a maximum of 1.5 V at the maximum output current, decreasing at lower loads. The LD1084 is pin-to-pin compatible with the older 3-terminal adjustable regulators, but it has better performances in terms of drop and output tolerance.
Unlike PNP regulators, where a part of the output current is wasted as quiescent current, the LD1084 quiescent current flows into the load, so to increase the efficiency. A minimum capacitor of 10 μF is needed for stability.
The device is supplied in TO-220. The on-chip trimming allows the regulator to reach a very tight output voltage tolerance, within ± 1% at 25 °C.
- Typical dropout 1.3 V (at 5 A)
- Three-terminal adjustable output voltage
- Guaranteed output current up to 5 A
- Output tolerance ± 1% at 25 °C and ± 2% in full temperature range
- Internal power and thermal limit
- Wide operating temperature range -40 °C to 125 °C
- Package available: TO-220
- Pinout compatibility with standard adjustable VREG
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。