The PM8803 integrates a Power over Ethernet (PoE) interface and a current mode PWM controller to simplify the design of the power supply sections of all powered devices. The PoE/PoE+ interface includes all functions required by the IEEE 802.3at as well as detection, classification, undervoltage lockout (UVLO) and inrush current limitation.
The PM8803 specifically performs IEEE802.3at Layer 1 hardware classification, providing the system with an indication of Type 2 PSE successful detection.
The PM8803 has been designed to work with power either from the Ethernet cable or from an external power source such as a wall adapter, ensuring the priority of the auxiliary source over the PoE. The DC-DC section of the PM8803 features a programmable oscillator frequency, an adjustable slope compensation, dual complementary low-side drivers, programmable dead time and an internal temperature sensor.
The PM8803 targets high-efficiency conversion under all load conditions supporting flyback, forward, forward with active clamp converters and synchronous rectification.
- IEEE 802.3at compliant PD interface
- Works with power supplied from Ethernet LAN cables or from local auxiliary sources
- Successful IEEE802.3at Layer1 classification indicator
- Integrated 100 V, 0.45 Ω, 1 A hot-swap MOSFET
- Accurate 140 mA typ. inrush current level
- Programmable classification current
- Programmable DC current limit up to 1 A
- Integrated high voltage start-up bias regulator
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Current mode pulse width modulator
- Programmable oscillator frequency
- 80% maximum duty cycle with internal slope compensation
- Support for flyback, forward, forward active clamp, flyback with synchronous rectification
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。