The device is a highly integrated solution for SMPS applications, with an LED pilot-lamp requiring a dual control loop to perform CV (constant voltage) and CC (constant current) regulation.
The IC allows very efficient LED pilot-lamp driving which helps to reduce the standby consumption of the SMPS. It integrates a voltage reference, two op-amps (with OR-ed open-drain outputs), a low-side current sensing circuit and an LED pilot-lamp driver pin implemented with an open-drain mosfet driven by square waveform with 12.5% duty cycle at 1 kHz that allows reducing LED consumption.
The voltage reference, along with one op-amp, is the core of the voltage control loop. The current sensing circuit and the other op-amp make up the current control loop.
The external components needed to complete the two control loops are:
- a resistor divider that senses the output of the power supply and fixes the voltage regulation setpoint at the specified value
- a sense resistor that feeds the current sensing circuit with a voltage proportional to the DC output current; this resistor determines the current regulation setpoint and must be adequately rated in terms of power dissipation
- the frequency compensation components (R-C networks) for both loops.
The device is ideal for space-critical applications.
- Constant voltage and constant current control
- Very efficient LED pilot-lamp driver
- Wide operating VCCrange (3.5 V - 36 V)
- Low quiescent consumption: 250 μA
- Voltage reference: 2.5 V
- Voltage control loop accuracy ± 0.5%
- Current sense threshold: 50 mV
- Current control loop accuracy ± 4%
- Low external component count
- Open-drain output stage
- SOT23-6L package
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。