The SRK2000A smart driver implements a control scheme specific to secondary side synchronous rectification in LLC resonant converters that use a transformer with center tap secondary winding for full wave rectification.
It provides two high current gate drive outputs, each capable of driving one or more N-channel Power MOSFETs. Each gate driver is controlled separately and an interlocking logic circuit prevents the two synchronous rectifier MOSFETs from conducting simultaneously.
The control scheme in this IC allows for each synchronous rectifier to be switched on as the corresponding half-winding starts conducting and switched off as its current goes to zero. The SRK2000A device implements matched turn-off MOSFET thresholds. A unique feature of this IC is its intelligent automatic sleep mode. It allows the detection of a low-power operating condition for the converter and puts the IC into a low consumption sleep mode where gate driving is stopped and quiescent consumption is reduced. In this way, converter efficiency improves at light load, where synchronous rectification is no longer beneficial. The IC automatically exits sleep mode and restarts switching as it recognizes that the load for the converter has increased.
A noticeable feature is the very low external component count required.
- Secondary side synchronous rectifier controller optimized for LLC resonant converters
- Protection against current reversal
- Safe management of load transient, light load and startup condition
- Matched turn-off thresholds
- Intelligent automatic sleep mode at light load
- Dual gate driver for N-channel MOSFETs with 1 A source and 3.5 A sink drive current
- Operating voltage range 4.5 to 32 V
- Programmable UVLO with hysteresis
- 250 µA quiescent consumption
- Operating frequency up to 500 kHz
- Available in SO-8 package
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。