The ST1S10 is a high efficiency step-down PWM current mode switching regulator capable of providing up to 3 A of output current. The device operates with an input supply range from 2.5 V to 18 V and provides an adjustable output voltage from 0.8 V (VFB) to 0.85 * VIN_SW[VOUT= VFB * (1 + R1/R2)]. It operates either at a 900 kHz fixed frequency or can be synchronized to an external clock (from 400 kHz to 1.2 MHz). The high switching frequency allows the use of tiny SMD external components, while the integrated synchronous rectifier eliminates the need for a Schottky diode. The ST1S10 provides excellent transient response, and is fully protected against thermal overheating, switching overcurrent and output short-circuit.
The ST1S10 is the ideal choice for point of load regulators or LDO pre-regulation.
- Step-down current mode PWM regulator
- Output voltage adjustable from 0.8 V
- Input voltage from 2.5 V up to 18 V
- 2% DC output voltage tolerance
- Synchronous rectification
- Inhibit function
- Synchronizable switching frequency from 400 kHz up to 1.2 MHz
- Internal soft start
- Dynamic short-circuit protection
- Typical efficiency: 90%
- 3 A output current capability
- Standby supply current: max. 6 μA over temperature range
- Operative junction temp.: from -40 °C to 125 °C
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.