The STBC08 is a constant current/constant voltage charger for single-cell Li-Ion batteries.
Neither external sense resistor nor blocking diode are required. The STBC08 is designed to work within USB power specifications. An internal block regulates the current when the junction temperature increases, to protect the device when it operates in high power or high ambient temperature conditions. The charge voltage is fixed at 4.2 V, and current limitation can be programmed using a single resistor connected between PROG pin and GND. The charge cycle is automatically terminated when the current, which flows to the battery, is 1/10 of the programmed value. If the external adapter is removed, the STBC08 turns off and a 2 μA current can flow from the battery to the device.
The device can be in shutdown mode, reducing the supply current to 25 μA.
The device also has a charge current monitor, undervoltage lockout, automatic recharge. The charge termination and input voltage presence are indicated by two separated status pins.
- Programmable charge current up to 800 mA
- No external MOSFET, sense resistors or blocking diode are required
- Complete linear charger for single-cell Li-Ion batteries
- Constant current/constant voltage operation with thermal regulation to maximize charge rate without risk of overheating
- Two charge status output pins
- Charge single-cell Li-Ion batteries directly from USB port
- Preset 4.2 V charge voltage with 1% accuracy
- Charge current monitor for gas gauge
- Automatic recharge
- Undervoltage lockout
- C/10 charge termination
- 25 µA supply current in shutdown mode
- Low battery voltage detection for pre-charge setting
- Soft-start feature limits inrush current
- DFN6 (3 x 3 mm) package (to improve power dissipation)
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。