The DVIULC6-4SC6 is a monolithic, application specific discrete device dedicated to ESD protection of high speed interfaces, such as DVI, HDMI, IEEE 1394a, and b, USB 2.0, Ethernet links and video lines.
Its ultralow line capacitance secures a high level of signal integrity without compromise in protecting sensitive chips against the most stringently characterized ESD strikes.
- 4-line ESD protection (IEC 61000-4-2)
- Protects VBUSwhen applicable
- Ultralow capacitance: 0.6 pF at 825 MHz
- Fast response time compared with varistors
- SOT23-6L package
- RoHS compliant
- ESD standards compliance guaranteed at device level, hence greater immunity at system level
- ESD protection of VBUS, when applicable, allows ESD current flowing to ground when ESD event occurs on data line
- Optimized rise and fall times for maximum data integrity
Consistent D+ / D- signal balance:
- Optimum capacitance matching tolerance for ultralow intra-pair skew: I/O to ground = 0.015 pF, I/O to I/O = 0.007 pF
- Matching high bit rate DVI, HDMI, and IEEE 1394 requirements
- Low PCB space occupation: 9 mm2
- Low leakage current for longer operation of battery powered devices
- Higher reliability offered by monolithic integration
- Complies with these standards
IEC 61000-4-2 level 4:
- ±15 kV (air discharge)
- ±8 kV (contact discharge)
- MIL STD883G-Method 3015-7
- IEC 61000-4-2 level 4:
In this video, we explain why it is important to protect against electrostatic discharges. We give a quick demonstration to show exactly what happens when you shoot at a microcontroller with an ESD gun!
PEP01-5841, for Power over Ethernet supply lines
Introduction to surges – EOS and ESD – definition, standards, effects and root cause
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.