The Smart Reset™ devices provide a useful feature that ensures that inadvertent short reset push-button closures do not cause system resets as the extended Smart Reset™ delay setup periods are implemented. Once the valid Smart Reset™ input levels and setup delay are met, the device generates an output reset pulse for a fixed timeout period (tREC).
The typical application hookup shows that either a single Smart Reset™ input, or both reset inputs can be connected to the applications interrupt and control both the interrupt pin and the hard reset functions. If the push-button is closed for a short time, the processor is only interrupted. If the system still does not respond properly, holding the push-button(s) for the extended setup time (tSRC) causes a hard reset of the processor. The Smart Reset™ feature helps significantly increase system stability and eliminates the need for a dedicated reset button.
The STM65xx family of Smart Reset™ devices consists of low-current microprocessor reset circuits targeted at applications such as MP3 players, portable navigation or mobile phones, generally any application that requires delayed reset push-button(s) response for improved system stability. The devices in the STM65xx Smart Reset™ family include various combinations of useful features for the targeted applications.
The STM6522 has two combined Smart Reset™ inputs (SR0and SR1) with delayed reset setup time (tSRC) programmed by an external capacitor on the SRC pin.
- Dual Smart Reset™ push-button inputs with capacitor-adjustable extended reset setup delay (tSRC)
- No power-on reset
- Dual RSToutput, active-low, open-drain
- Fixed Smart Reset™ input logic voltage levels
- Broad operating voltage range 1.65 V to 5.5 V, inactive reset output levels valid down to 1.0 V
- Low supply current (1.5 μA)
- Operating temperature: industrial grade –40 °C to +85 °C
- TDFN8 package: 2 mm x 2 mm x 0.75 mm
- RoHS compliant
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。