The STSAFE-TPM (trusted platform module) family of products offers a broad portfolio of standardized solutions for embedded, PC, mobile and computing applications. STSAFE is an ST trademark.
It includes turnkey products compliant with the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) standards that provide services to protect the confidentiality, integrity and authenticity of information and devices.
These devices are easy to integrate thanks to the variety of supported interfaces and the availability of TPM ecosystem software solutions.
The STSAFE-TPM devices are all Common Criteria (EAL4+) and FIPS certified.
They embed an Arm® SecurCore SC300™ processor with additional security features to help protect against advanced forms of attack.
The ST33TPHF2ESPI offers a slave serial peripheral interface (SPI) compliant with the TCG PC Client TPM Profile specifications.
The ST33TPHF2ESPI supports two exclusive modes that support either TPM 1.2 or TPM 2.0 commands. The product can be locked irreversibly in TPM 1.2 or TPM 2.0 mode during provisioning, or only after provisioning to provide a smooth migration between TPM 1.2 and TPM 2.0.
The ST33TPHF2ESPI operates in the –25 to +85 °C commercial temperature range with a supply and I/O voltage of 1.8 V, or in the –40 °C to 105 °C extended temperature range with a supply and I/O voltage of 3.3 V.
The device is offered in TSSOP28 and VFQFPN32 ECOPACK2 packages. ECOPACK is an ST trademark.
- TPM features
- Flash-memory-based Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- Supporting two modes exclusively with either the TPM 1.2 or the TPM 2.0 command set
- Supporting dynamic switch from one mode to another and capability to lock one mode irreversibly
- For TPM 1.2, compliant with Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Main specifications 1.2, Level 2, Revision 116 and TCG PC Client Specific TPM Interface Specifications 1.3
- For TPM 2.0, compliant with Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Library specifications 2.0, Level 0, Revision 138 and TCG PC Client Specific TPM Platform Specifications 1.03
- TPM firmware code can be upgraded thanks to a persistent Flash-memory loader application to support new standard evolutions
- Common Criteria (CC) certification according to the TPM 1.2 and TPM 2.0 protection profiles at EAL4+
- FIPS 140-2 level 1 certification for both modes and level 2 for mode TPM2.0
- SPI support for up to 33 MHz in FIFO and CRB protocol modes
- Support for software and hardware physical presence for TPM 1.2 and TPM 2.0
- Hardware features
- Arm® SecurCore® SC300™ 32-bit RISC core
- Highly reliable Flash memory technology
- Extended temperature range: −40 °C to 105 °C
- ESD (electrostatic discharge) protection up to 4 kV (HBM)
- 1.8 V or 3.3 V supply voltage range
- 28-lead thin shrink small outline and 32-lead very thin fine pitch quad flat pack ECOPACK packages
- Security features
- Active shield and environmental sensors
- Memory protection unit (MPU) used to segregate TPM assets between TPM 1.2 and TPM 2.0 modes
- Monitoring of environmental parameters (power)
- Hardware and software protection against fault injection
- FIPS compliant RNG built on an SP800-90A compliant SHA256 DRBG and an AIS-31 Class PTG2 compliant true random number generator (TRNG)
- RSA key generation (1024 or 2048 bits)
- RSA signature and encryption
- HMAC SHA-1 & SHA-256
- ECC 224 & 256 bits
- Product compliance
- TPM 1.2 compliant with Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8.1 and 10
- TPM 2.0 compliant with Microsoft Windows 10
- Compliant with Intel® TXT for TPM1.2 and TPM 2.0 in SPI FIFO mode
- TPM 1.2 and TPM 2.0 compliant with the respective TCG test suites
- TPM features
|VFQFPN 32 5x5x1.0||Ecopack1|
|TSSOP28 9.7 x 4.4||Ecopack2||
VFQFPN 32 5x5x1.0
RoHS Compliance Grade
Package:TSSOP28 9.7 x 4.4
TSSOP28 9.7 x 4.4
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.