Operating temperature: −40 to 105 °C
The STSAFE-A1SX is a secure element that provides security services for the implementation of Sigfox LPWAN (low-power wide area network) security in Sigfox IoT devices.
Connected to the applicative microcontroller (MCU) of a Sigfox IoT device, the STSAFE-A1SX assists the MCU of this IoT device to achieve recognition, authentication and connection to the Sigfox network. The IoT device is then able to ensure and verify the integrity of exchanged data. Optionally, it can also ensure the confidentiality of exchanged data.
It comes preloaded with the Sigfox IDs and keys, and does not require any additional configuration.
The STSAFE-A1SX drastically simplifies and secures device onboarding. The customer no longer needs to save credentials to the IoT storage at manufacturing time. ST takes care of loading credentials into the secure element in a secure way. The IoT device can then directly exploit the Sigfox credentials preloaded in the secure element.
The STSAFE-A1SX is a full turnkey solution running a proprietary application and operating system on top of the latest secure microcontroller generation.
- Ensures Sigfox™ device authentication
- Ensures Sigfox data exchange integrity service:
- Uplink MAC generation service
- Downlink MAC verification service
- Ensures Sigfox data exchange confidentiality service (Sigfox option)
- Uplink encryption service
- Downlink decryption service
- Sigfox frame anti-replay mechanism
- Comes preloaded with credentials to access the Sigfox network
- Security features
Latest generation of highly secure microcontrollers
- CC EAL5+ AVA_VAN5 Common Criteria certified
- Active shield
- Monitoring of environmental parameters
- Protection mechanism against faults
- Unique serial number on each die
- Protection against side-channel attacks
Advanced symmetric cryptography
- Key wrapping and unwrapping using AES-128/AES-256
- Secure channel protocols using AES-128
Secure operating system
- Secure STSAFE-A1SX kernel for authentication and data management
- Protection against logical and physical attacks
- Latest generation of highly secure microcontrollers
- Hardware features
- Highly secure microcontroller’ platform
6 Kbytes of non-volatile memory
- Highly reliable CMOS EEPROM technology
- 30 years’ data retention at 25 °C
- 500 000 erase / program cycles endurance at 25 °C
- 1.62 V to 5.5 V continuous supply voltage
I²C-bus slave interface
- Up to 400 Kbps transmission speed (Fast mode) and true open-drain pads
- 7-bit addressing
- I²C-bus slave interface
- ECOPACK-compliant SO8N 8-lead plastic small outline and UFDFPN 8-lead ultra thin profile fine pitch dual flat packages
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.