This solution enables your Head-up Display application with its programmable stepper motor driver, for image adjusting, monitored by the 32-bit control unit, providing a versatile and cost-effective solution.
It includes the EVAL-L99SM81V, an evaluation board designed to drive one bipolar stepper motor in micro-stepping mode together with coil voltage measurement for stall detection. The motherboard, based on SPC56 microcontroller, provides the logic section for monitoring and driving the L99SM81V assembled on the daughterboard
With the aim of making the board usage and settings simpler, ST provides dedicated user-friendly software with a Graphic User Interface (GUI). This enables the user to set L99SM81V parameters and at the same time to get real time information from the device, such as voltage measurements, main power supply voltage, fault flags, device junction temperature and much more.
- Resolution up to 64 micro-steps per electric cycle allows best in class position accuracy
- Embedded LDO allowing cost saving on system solution
- Higher current accuracy
- Analog Temperature feedback for flexible application protection
- Up to 1.35 A current capability
- Integrated ADC for coil voltage measurement and stall detection
- Very low current consumption in standby mode (typ. 10 µA)
- Thermal warning and shutdown