The NFCSensorTAG kit (STEVAL-SMARTAG1) is a sensor node that can sense temperature, humidity, pressure, motion and transmit the data when triggered by an NFC reader. It can be scaled down based on final application requirements. The platform can accelerate the design of applications such as Supply Chain/ Cold Chain monitoring for perishable and valuable goods, asset tracking, Healthcare, Smart Apparel and Smart Packaging and Smart Agriculture among others.
This smart and flexible NFC Tracker evaluation board with sensors includes a comprehensive software library (FP-SNS-SMARTAG1) and a sample application to monitor and log sensor data over NFC from an Android or iOS device: Android (Google Play “ST NFC Sensor”), iOS (iTunes “NFC Sensor Tag”) demo apps and PC GUI (STSW-ST25PC001).
The ultra-low power sensor node evaluation board mounts an ST25DV NFC Tag, an STM32L0 ARM Cortex M0+, environment sensors (temperature, humidity and pressure) and motion (accelerometer) sensor.
The evaluation board features NFC harvesting to supply power and a battery cradle for a CR2032 battery.
The NFCSensorTAG kit (STEVAL-SMARTAG1) is available now from distributors or can be purchased directly from st.com.
Main features of NFCSensorTAG core system:
- ST25DV64K dynamic NFC tag solution based on 64K-bit (8K-Byte) EEPROM and with I²C interface, Fast Transfer Mode and Energy Harvesting features
- STM32L031K6 ultra-low-power ARM Cortex-M0+ MCU running at 32 MHz with 32-Kbytes Flash and 8-Kbytes RAM
- LIS2DW12 ultra-low-power high-performance three-axis linear accelerometer
- LPS22HB ultra-compact piezo-resistive absolute pressure sensor which functions as a digital output barometer: 260-1260 hPa
- HTS221 capacitive digital sensor for relative humidity and temperature
- STLQ015 low drop linear regulator power management
- CR2032 Battery powered (not included)
- STM32Cube function pack (FP-SNS-SMARTAG1)
- Android (Google Play “ST NFC Sensor”), iOS (iTune “NFC Sensor Tag”) demo apps and PC GUI (STSW-ST25PC001).
Software development is fast thanks to a comprehensive, user-friendly Application Program Interface (API) based on the STM32Cube Hardware Abstraction Layer and middleware components, including the STM32 Open Development Environment.
The system is fully compatible with ST’s Open Software Expansion development suite. Many example programs available in source code offer a starting point for evaluation and customization.