STM32F469AI high perfromance MCU
The STM32F4 series Cortex-M-based microcontroller, with FPU, high performance NVM and accelerator technology is chosen for its digital signal processing capabilities and high clock speeds to manage the very high data rates arriving from the vibration and environmental sensors.
IIS3DWB digital vibration sensor
This 3-axis digital vibration sensor is particularly suitable for vibration monitoring in industrial applications due to its very wide bandwidth, with low noise and highly stable output, and repeatable sensitivity, as well its extended temperature range.
IMP34DT05 digital microphone
This is a highly compact, low-power, omnidirectional, low-distortion digital microphone, featuring 64 dB signal-to-noise ratio and 6 dBFS ±3 dB sensitivity in an EMI-shielded package guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range.
LPS22HB and HTS221 environmental sensors
The LPSSHB digital pressure and HTS221 relative humidity and temperature sensors complete the data requirements for a comprehensive condition monitoring scenario
L6362A IO-Link transceiver
IO-Link PHY Device transceiver ensures bi-direction half duplex IO-Link communication in all possible communication modes granted by the standard (COM1, COM2 and COM3).
- Full suite of smart, low power industrial grade sensors, the solution works with a dedicated FW dedicated to high end digital signal processing like FFT and it features:
- Dedicated components for industrial use cases and digital signal processing:
- Two sensors covering extremely wide vibration frequency spectrum with very high sampling rates
- Two environmental sensors providing accurate real time humidity, pressure and temperature data.
- High performance microcontroller with digital signal processing capabilities able to transform raw data into analytical data on the fly
- Digital signal processing algorithms like:
- advanced frequency domain signal processing with programmable FFT size, overlapping and averaging, windowing
- advanced time domain signal processing for speed RMS, acceleration max peak computation
- IO-Link standard device compliance ensures manufacturer and fieldbus independence allowing immediate compatibility with any PLC or IO-Link Master hub.
The STEVAL-BFA001V2B is an industrial reference design kit designed for condition monitoring (CM) and predictive maintenance (PdM). The layout is designed to meet IEC61000-4-2/4 and EN60947 requirements for industrial applications.
The hardware development kit consists of an industrial sensor board (STEVAL-IDP005V2; not available for separate sale), specifically designed with dimensions (50mm x 9mm x 9mm) that reflect real industrial applications and needs, an STLINK-V3MINI programming and debugging tool, an adapter (STEVAL-UKI001V2; not available for separate sale), a 0.050” 10-pin flat cable, a 4-pole cable mount connector plug with male contacts and an M12 female connector with a 2 m cable which is used for power on and connection with a master port. The connection is managed using a standard multipolar cable with one wire used for IO-Link data, one for the L+ line (positive supply voltage pole) and one for the L- line (negative supply voltage pole).
The STSW-BFA001V2 firmware package (freely downloadable below) includes dedicated algorithms for advanced time and frequency domain signal processing and analysis of the high bandwidth 3D digital accelerometer for vibration monitoring. The package includes pressure, relative humidity and temperature sensor monitoring samples as well as audio algorithms for acoustic emission (AE).
The firmware runs on the high performance STM32F469AI, ARM® Cortex®-M4, 32-bit microcontroller. The sensor data analysis results can be displayed on a user PC terminal emulator via wired connectivity (by connecting the STEVAL-IDP005V2 UART to a USB PC port through the STEVAL-UKI001V2 adapter and STLINK-V3MINI Virtual COM) or the related IO-Link master board interface (connecting the STEVAL-IDP005V2 to an IO-Link master board through the M12 cable).
IO-Link device stack v1.1. (for evaluation purposes with some limitations) is included in object library format with IO-Link Device Descriptor (IODD) for all measurements and with dedicated examples to demonstrate device interoperability with any master tool. It supports BLOB transfer for vibration and acoustic FFT data, event generator and parameter configuration.
The package also includes a GUI to demonstrate the IO-Link device features when connected to the STEVAL-IDP004V2 multi-port master evaluation board (not included in the kit).
|STSW-BFA001V2||Software package for STEVAL- BFA001V2B multi-sensor development kit for condition monitoring and predictive maintenance||Active|
All Evaluation Features
- Optimized form factor
- 50mm x 9mm x 9mm
- Industrial environment friendly:
- Designed to meet IEC61000-4-2/4 and EN60947 requirements
- Designed to meet IEC industrial standard requirements
- Main supply voltage: 18 V - 32 V
- IO-Link communication:
- PHY transceiver using the L6362A Device transceiver for data communication with host unit
- IO-Link stack v.1.1 and IODD file
- M12 industrial connector
- Programmability and debugging options:
- SWD connector for debugging and programming capability
- Reset button
- Expansion connector with GPIO, ADC, I2C bus
- Optimized form factor
EDA Symbols, Footprints and 3D Models
STMicroelectronics - SL-BFA001V2B
Speed up your design by downloading all the EDA symbols, footprints and 3D models for your application. You have access to a large number of CAD formats to fit with your design toolchain.