ST25R3914/5 - Highly integrated NFC Readers
The ST25R3914/5 are highly integrated NFC initiators / HF reader ICs for automotive applications, AEC-Q100 grade 1 qualified, including the analog front end (AFE) and a highly integrated data framing system for ISO 18092 (NFCIP-1) initiator, ISO 18092 (NFCIP-1) active target, ISO 14443A and B reader (including high bit rates), ISO 15693 reader and FeliCa™ reader. Implementation of other standard and custom protocols like MIFARE™ Classic is possible using the AFE and implementing framing in the external microcontroller (Stream and Transparent modes).
STM8AL - Ultra-low-power MCUs
ST’s STM8AL ultra-low-power series for automotive applications puts green energy, application safety and power efficiency at the forefront. It is particularly suited to battery-operated functions such as remote keyless entry and tire pressure monitoring, as well as for applications where power consumption is critical over time: companion microcontroller, immobilizers and sensors.
STM8CubeMX - Graphical STM8x configuration Tool
STM8CubeMX is a graphical tool that allows configuring STM8 microcontrollers very easily and generating the corresponding configuration reports. Step one consists in selecting the STMicroelectronics STM8 microcontroller that matches the required set of peripherals, or in choosing a target board.
- Automotive grade qualified ST25R3914/15 NFC Reader ICs and STM8A MCU
- MISRA-C compliant NFC library
- Complete RF/NFC abstraction (RFAL) for all major technologies, including complete ISO-DEP and NFC-DEP layers
- Sample application to detect several NFC tag types and mobile phones supporting P2P
- Free user-friendly license terms
This solution ports the RF abstraction layer (RFAL) onto the NUCLEO-8S208RB STM8 Nucleo-64 board to operate with the X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1, which contains the ST25R3911B high performance HF reader / NFC initiator. The RFAL is the STMicroelectronics standard driver for ST25R NFC/RFID reader ICs. It supports all the ST25R3911B lower-layer protocols and also some higher layer protocols to abstract RF communication. As the RFAL is written in a portable manner, it can run on a wide range of devices, from 8-bit MCUs up to 64-bit processors running Linux. All the code is highly portable and only minimal effort is needed in order for it to run on any STM8 platform.
The software package contains a sample application that detects different types of NFC tags and mobile phones supporting P2P.
All Evaluation Features
- NFC for car access and ignition
- Convenient and secure access to the car
- Distribution of keys online to your NFC smartphone
- In-car personalization with secure pairing
- Just sit in and the entire cockpit will fit the driver wish
- NFC for car diagnostic
- No physical connection required
- Low power 8 bits microcontrollers (Vdd from 1.65V up to 3.6V)
- Suitable for battery powered applications
- Complete set of peripherals with STM8AL (A/D, DAC, DMA, AES 128 bytes etc…)
- Reduced system cost
STMicroelectronics - SL-CNWLC05801V1