High-temperature silicon-controlled rectifiers (SCRs), or thyristors, are designed to improve the reliability of applications such as overvoltage crowbar protection and motor control circuits in power tools and kitchen aids, inrush current-limiters, capacitive discharge ignition systems and voltage regulators. Perfectly suited for automotive stationary battery chargers, uninterruptible power supplies, industrial power supplies, motorbike voltage regulators and motor drive applications, they help reduce costs by using smaller heatsinks.
Their voltage robustness up to 1200 V, high noise immunity and power dissipation performance at 150 °C Tj are key features for functions such as AC switches, AC phasing inverters, and AC-DC controlled rectifier bridges.
Available in SMD as well as through-hole-isolated and non-isolated packages, ST's high-Tj SCRs feature:
- a very low gate-triggering current (600 V SCRs only)
- a peak off-state voltage (blocking voltage) from 600 V up to 1200 V
- a maximum on-state current from 12 A to 50 A
- a maximum junction temperature of 150°C
20 A and 50 A on-state RMS current-rated SCRs with enhanced immunity and 150°C Tj max
ST's new series of 20 A, 30 A and 50 A silicon controlled rectifiers (SCRs) adds to our existing range of high-temperature thyristors:
- The new TN2010H series of SCRs has a narrower spread gate-triggering current – 5 mA typ. and 10 mA max. – than previous generations, while delivering high electrical noise immunity and further improving the reliability of the end products.
- The new TN3015H series of SCRs featuring 1000 V/µs high-noise-immunity provides high compactness power modules designers with an high margin on performances and reliability. The 15 mA gate current makes it easily driveable by microcontrollers. It is available in a TO-220, TO-220AB Ins. and D2PAK package outline.
- The new TN5015H series of SCRs includes the largest SCR fitted in a TO-220 package outline. This performs as an excellent crowbar circuit due to its large die size and surge on-state current (ITSM). The 15 mA gate current makes it easily driveable by microcontrollers.
Designed for low profile and reduced power consumption modules, these are ideal for solid-state relays, SMPS or battery chargers.
Get started with STEVAL-SCR001V1 – ST's inrush current limiter solution board – embedding our bypass thyristor !