The SPWF01SA and the SPWF01SC intelligent Wi-Fi modules represent a plug-and-play and standalone 802.11 b/g/n solution for easy integration of wireless internet connectivity features into existing or new products.
Configured around a single-chip 802.11 transceiver with integrated PA and comprehensive power management subsystem, and an STM32 microcontroller with an extensive GPIO suite, the modules also incorporate timing clocks and voltage regulators. Two different options exist based on the integrated Flash memory. The SPWF01Sx.1y orderable parts integrate 1.5 MB of Flash, while the SPWF01Sx.2y orderable parts integrate 512 kB of Flash.
The module is available either configured with an embedded micro 2.45 GHz highly-efficient ISM band antenna (SPWF01SA), or with an u.fl connector for external antenna connection (SPWF01SC).
With low power consumption and ultra-compact (2.7 x 1.5 cm) footprint, the modules are ideal for fixed and mobile wireless applications, as well as challenging battery-operated applications.
The SPWF01Sx parts are released with an integrated full featured TCP/IP protocol stack with added web server and additional application service capabilities, such as REST API for accessing files on servers in the cloud and support for dynamic web pages with CGI/SSI functions to easily interact with the module and the host processor over the air.
For secure end-to-end communication with the cloud, an SSL/TLS stack is embedded in every module with no licensing charge. See AN4683 for details.
The SW package also includes an AT command layer interface for user-friendly access to the stack functionalities via the UART serial port. For details, see UM1695.
It is always possible to upgrade the module firmware via UART and Over-The-Air (FOTA).
Out of the 1 MB extended Flash available on the SPWF01Sx.1y module, 512 kB of the Flash is dedicated to FW upgrade and the other 512 kB is dedicated to host proprietary files, organized in a file system image, accessible through the integrated web server.
FOTA is also possible with the SPWF01Sx.2y module, temporarily storing the FW in the external host Flash memory, if it exists.
ST may update the FW provided with the modules at any time. ST recommends that users regularly check for documentation and the current FW version available at www.st.com/wifimodules.
- 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g/n transceiver
- STM32 ARM Cortex-M3, with 64 kB RAM and 512 kB Flash memory
- 1 MB extended Flash available on the SPWF01Sx.1y
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- 8 simultaneous TCP or UDP clients and 1 socket server
- 1 TLS/SSL socket client supporting up to TLS 1.2, including common encryption algorithms: AES (128, 256), hash (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256) and public key algorithms (RSA, ECC)
- Web server supporting dynamic web pages
- RESTful API to get and post web content
- WEP/WPA/WPA2 personal security
- System modes: Station, IBSS, and miniAP (supporting up to 5 stations)
- miniAP easily provisioned (SSID, PWD)
- Fast Wi-Fi reassociation after reset
- Firmware update via UART and Over-The-Air (FOTA); extended Flash on board with the SPWF01Sx.1y
- TX power
- 18.3 dBm @ 1 Mbps DSSS
- 13.7 dBm @ 54 Mbps OFDM
- RX sensitivity
- -96.0 dBm @ 1 Mbps DSSS
- -74.5 dBm @ 54 Mbps OFDM
- 16 configurable GPIOs available
- UART interface to host system
- Advanced low-power modes
- Standby with RTC: 43 μA
- Idle connected (DTIM=1): 3.9 mA
- Sleep current: 2.2 mA
- RX traffic: 105 mA typical
- TX traffic: 243 mA typical @ 10 dBm
- Simple AT command set host interface through UART
- Small form factor: 26.92 x 15.24 x 2.35 mm
- Single voltage supply (3.3 V typical)
- Multiple antenna options:
- Integrated antenna (SPWF01SA.xy versions)
- Integrated u.fl connector (SPWF01SC.xy versions)
- Industrial temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C
- FCC/CE/IC/SRRC certified
- RoHS compliant
- Surface mount PCB module
(**) st.com上提供的材料声明表单可能是基于包装系列中最常用的封装的通用文档。因此，它们可能不是100%适用于特定的设备。有关特定设备的信息，请联系 销售支持 。