Add intelligence to smart lighting with CAN FD Light based OLED drivers
An all-in-one 32-channel linear current regulator, the L99LDLH32 embeds a fast, reliable and robust automotive bus interface, fully scalable with flexible customization and ready for Over-the-Air updates.
Specifically designed for automotive exterior (O)LED rear lighting applications, the L99LDLH32 can drive OLED panels with a common cathode thanks to the high-side configuration of the output channels.
It is designed in BCD9sL technology and guarantees up to 35 V output driving capability – to cover a wide range of OLED forward driving voltages – and features 32 regulated current sources able to provide individually programmable current from 1 up to 15 mA to drive each pixel of the OLED panel independently.
The L99LDLH32 is fully compatible with bus mode as well as stand-alone operation and integrates features to support functional safety including a fault status pin, voltage and temperature monitors, no false activation of light function, and no light function operation with low brightness.
The L99LDLH32 is a smart, all-in-one solution featuring:
- LED & OLED driver for up to 4096 pixels
- CAN FD transceiver & CAN FD Light protocol handler
- Precision oscillator for CAN synchronization
- Innovative analog features for control and protection functions
- Programmable logic
- State machine
- Non-volatile memory
- ASIL B "ready"
All the functions supported by L99LDLH32 are integrated in a small QFN48 (7x7 mm) package.
The STSW-EVLDLH32GEN is the graphical user interface (GUI) dedicated to set and control the 12 V L99LDLH32 devices assembled in the corresponding evaluation board EV-L99LDLH32GEN.
- Key steps in the evolution of car networking architectures
- Better understanding the impact of domain-oriented architectures (lighting solution example)
- Key advantages of using CAN FD Light in networking architectures
- Benefits and limitations of CAN FD based communication networks
- In-depth study of a practical CAN FD light communication use case with digital OLED technology
- Overview of automotive applications using a zonal gateway architecture