ST’s server and gateway processors are truly polyvalent media processing chips, capable of:
- Supporting entire application environments
- Multiscreen simultaneous HD multimedia streaming
- Broadcast and OTT internet content
- Apps including 3D, HD games
- 3D user interfaces
- 3D HD media
- Networking of media throughout the home via standards such as DLNA or RVU
- Top-of-the-line content security features
STiH4 series multimedia application processors
ST’s latest server-box multimedia application-processor system-on-chips, the STiH4 server-box product family (codenamed ‘Monaco’), support decode and display resolution up to the leading-edge Ultra HD and the next-generation H.265 / HEVC video compression. This combination sets to extend the viewing experience for end users with more realistic and in-the-action immersion.
The STiH4 'Monaco' series integrates the Faroudja® Transcode Engine, providing best-in-class transcoding capabilities for multi-screen streaming across consumer and handheld devices.
The STiH410 supports HEVC decoding, and therefore permits IP service providers a means of offering HD content to a greater number of customers.
The 'Monaco Ultra' STiH412 offers Ultra HD (2160p) decoding.