The SPV1050 is an ultralow power and high-efficiency energy harvester and battery charger, which implements the MPPT function and integrates the switching elements of a buck-boost converter.
The SPV1050 device allows the charge of any battery, including the thin film batteries, by tightly monitoring the end-of-charge and the minimum battery voltage in order to avoid the overdischarge and to preserve the battery life.
The power manager is suitable for both PV cells and TEG harvesting sources, as it covers the input voltage range from 75 mV up to 18 V and guarantees high efficiency in both buck-boost and boost configuration.
Furthermore the SPV1050 device shows very high flexibility thanks also to the trimming capability of the end-of-charge and undervoltage protection voltages. In such way any source and battery is matched.
The MPPT is programmable by a resistor input divider and allows maximizing the source power under any temperature and irradiance condition.
An unregulated voltage output is available (e.g. to supply a microcontroller), while two fully independent LDOs are embedded for powering sensors and RF transceivers. Both LDOs (1.8 V and 3.3 V) can be independently enabled through two dedicated pins.
- Transformerless thermoelectric generators and PV modules energy harvester
- High efficiency for any harvesting source
- Up to 70 mA maximum battery charging current
- Fully integrated buck-boost DC-DC converter
- Programmable MPPT by external resistors
- 2.6 V to 5.3 V trimmable battery charge voltage level (± 1% accuracy)
- 2.2 V to 3.6 V trimmable battery discharge voltage level (± 1% accuracy)
- Two fully independent LDOs (1.8 V and 3.3 V output)
- Enable/disable LDO control pins
- Battery disconnect function for battery protection
- Battery connected and ongoing charge logic open drain indication pins