High Voltage MDmesh M9/DM9 Power MOSFETs boost efficiency in servers, telecommunications, EV charging and solar applications
The 650V/600V STPOWER MDmesh™ M9 and DM9 series provide the best FOM RDS(on)*Qg currently available in the market. This results in an increased power density and more compact system solutions getting this result in two ways, providing:
- a smaller RDS(on) coupled with lower Qg in a fixed package vs previous technologies,
- or the same RDS(on) coupled with lower Qg in a smaller package vs previous technologies.
These 600/650V devices are ideal for switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) in applications from data-center servers and 5G power stations to renewable energy and EV charging systems, all of which actively demand higher power density in more compact and efficient systems with improved thermal capabilities. The even lower drain-source on-resistance and improved gate charge mean that the MDmesh M9/DM9 series MOSFETs in surface mounted TO-LL and PowerFLAT packages are among the highest performing silicon devices available for high-power-density applications like resonant converters, and the DM9 series with fast intrinsic diode improves ruggedness and reliability against fast voltage transients.
Key features and benefits
Best figure of merit (RDS(on) x Qg) on the market
Specific to MDmesh M9 series
- Lowest Qg
- Higher reverse diode dv/dt and MOSFET dv/dt ruggedness
- Higher power levels
- Increased power density and lower conduction losses
- High efficiency and low switching power losses
- High switching speed
- Increased robustness and reliability for more compact design
Specific to MDmesh DM9 series
- Improved intrinsic diode reverse recovery time (trr)
- Higher dv/dt (120 V/ns) and di/dt capability (1300 A/µs)
- Optimized body diode recovery phase and softness
- Isolation rating of 2500 Vrms/min
600-650V MDmesh DM9: fast-recovery SJ power MOSFETs boost efficiency and robustness
New silicon SJ MOSFET series with a fast intrinsic body diode offers impressive efficiency and reliability for full-bridge phase-shifted ZVS topologies.
Irradiated HV Power MOSFETs working in linear zone: a comparison of electro-thermal behavior with standard HV products
This paper studies the thermal instability phenomenon of irradiated HV Power MOSFET devices working in linear zone operating conditions and compares their electro-thermal behavior with standard products. Experimental results show that irradiated devices have more thermal instability than standard devices, therefore, they should be used carefully in these particular operating conditions.
Digital Power Guide
This brochure descibes the extensive ST digital power portfolio including power discretes addressing both soft-switching resonant and hard-switching converters that maximize system efficiency for high-power applications.
ST launches new MDmesh MOSFETs, raising power density and efficiency
STMicroelectronics’ STPOWER MDmesh M9 and DM9 N-channel superjunction multi-drain silicon power MOSFETs are ideal for switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) in applications from data-center servers and 5G infrastructure to flat-panel televisions...
MDmesh M9 and DM9 high-voltage silicon superjunction MOSFETs and innovative packages
How to achieve higher power levels and better thermal performance for more efficient and compact systems.
- Overview of today's high-voltage MOSFET solutions for multi-segment and industrial applications
- Unique features and benefits of our MDmesh M9/DM9 series of HV silicon MOSFETs
- In-depth look at technical characteristics and performance test results for specific applications
- Advantages of our advanced SMD and top/dual-side cooling (TSC/DSC) packages