LoRa® is a long range wireless area network allowing low-power sensors to report over ranges of up to a dozen kilometers.
The I-CUBE-LRWAN software expansion package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32L0, STM32L1 and STM32L4 Series microcontrollers acting as end-devices.
This package supports the SX1276MB1MAS, SX1276MB1LAS and SX1272MB2DAS LoRa® radio expansion boards provided by SEMTECH.
This package includes an application running on NUCLEO-L053R8, NUCLEO-L152RE, NUCLEO-L476RG and B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery kits embedding the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa® module from Murata. It also supports a USI® LoRaWAN™ technology module through the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 expansion board. The application reads sensor data from the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 expansion board and sends the sensor data to the LoRa® network in class A. For further details about the components of the LoRa middleware library, refer to the “STM32 LoRa® software expansion for STM32Cube” User manual (UM2073).
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance™ specification protocol, named LoRaWAN™ version V1.0.2 July 2016
- Bidirectional end-devices with class A and class C protocol support
- EU 868 MHz ISM band ETSI (European telecommunications standards institute) compliant
- EU 433 MHz ISM band ETSI compliant
- US 915 MHz ISM band FCC (federal communications commission) compliant
- End-device activation either through OTAA (over-the-air activation) or ABP (activation-by-personalization)
- Adaptive data rate support
- LoRaWAN™ test application for certification tests included
- Low-power optimized
- Full STM32 portfolio compatibility
- Compliant with the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa® module from Murata
- Compliant with the WM-SG-SM-42 LoRa® module from USI