The X-CUBE-TIMCOOKER embedded software package is a software expansion of the STM32Cube embedded software libraries.
It is intended to provide application use cases for the general-purpose-timer peripherals embedded in the STM32 microcontrollers. The embedded software examples provided by the X-CUBE-TIMCOOKER package, complement the set of examples already provided by the STM32CubeHAL library for the STM32 timer peripherals. The main difference between the examples provided by the X-CUBE-TIMCOOKER package and those provided by the STM32CubeHAL library, is that the former examples are application-oriented, while the latter are timer-feature oriented.
For most of the provided application examples, more than one timer feature is used to carry on a well-defined application usage. But each example also puts more focus on a particular feature of the STM32 general-purpose-timer peripherals.
- Five application examples covering most of the features of the STM32 general-purpose-timer peripherals:
- Timer clocking using an external clock source
- N-pulse waveform generation using OnePulse mode
- Cycle-by-Cycle regulation using Break input
- Break input versus OCxRef Clear utilization
- Arbitrary waveform generation using timer DMA burst feature
- Well-commented source code, facilitating the understanding of the used-timer-peripheral configuration steps
- Source-code template generated by the STM32CubeMX software tool
- Snippet-like structure of the source code to facilitate its reuse
- Tailored to run readily on the NUCLEO-F302R8 boards populated with an STM32F302 microcontroller
- Easily portable to other STM32 microcontroller families (the template project is generated by the STM32CubeMX tool)
- Easily portable to other hardware environments provided by the STM32 ecosystem
- Free, user-friendly license terms