The P-NUCLEO-6180X1 is an evaluation pack that provides an introduction to the proximity, ranging and light sensing capabilities of the VL6180X sensor, combined with the powerful STM32F401RE microcontroller.
The VL6180X is the latest product based on ST’s patented FlightSenseTMtechnology. This is a ground-breaking technology allowing absolute distance to be measured independent of target reflectance. Instead of estimating the distance by measuring the amount of light reflected back from the object (which is significantly influenced by color and surface), the VL6180X precisely measures the time the light takes to travel to the nearest object and reflect back to the sensor (Time-of-Flight).
The STM32 Nucleo board, NUCLEO-F401RE, provides an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new ideas and build prototypes with any STM32 microcontroller line, choosing from the various combinations of performance, power consumption and features.
- 1x VL6180X (proximity, gesture and ambient light sensing module) expansion board.
- Slider switch controlling 2 functions:
- 4-digit display, displaying either the distance of a target from the proximity sensor or the lux value from the ambient light sensing (ALS).
- Excellent ranging accuracy, independent of the reflectance of the target.
- 1x NUCLEO-F401RE board
- Power management access point
- Equipped with Arduino UNO R3 connector.
- RoHS compliant.
- Full system SW supplied, download from www.st.com/vl6180x in the folder “Design resources”.
- 3x VL6180X satellite boards can be connected on the VL6180X expansion board, in order to integrate the VL6180X in customer’s application.
- Basic gesture recognition application can be developed using the VL6180X sensor on the expansion board and/or up to three sensors on the satellite boards.