STM32 F3 series of mixed-signal MCUs with DSP and FPU instructions
The STM32 F3 series combines a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 core (DSP, FPU) running at 72 MHz with a high number of integrated analog peripherals leading to cost reduction at application level and simplifying application design, including:
- Fast- and ultra-fast comparators (<30 ns)
- Op-Amp with programmable gain (PGA)
- 12-bit DACs
- Ultra-fast 12-bit ADCs with 5 MSPS per channel (up to 18 MSPS in interleaved mode)
- Precise 16-bit sigma-delta ADCs (21 channels)
- Fast 144 MHz motor control timers (resolution < 7 ns)
- CCM (Core Coupled Memory), a specific memory architecture for RAM execution of time-critical routines, accelerating the performance by 43%
The STM32 F3 series MCUs pin compatible with the STM32 F0 and F1 series and share the same peripherals.
This guarantees short design cycles when optimizing the device performance for the application needs and outstanding flexibility when designing derivatives of applications.
The STM32 F3 series consists of:
- The STM32F301, STM32F302 general purpose devices with multiple peripheral options, ranging from a basic, cost efficient peripheral set up to more analog functions and USB/CAN interfaces
- The STM32F303, fully flavored, able to manage dual FOC motor control with CCM – a specific memory architecture for RAM execution of time-critical routines
- The STM32F373, with 16 bit sigma-delta ADC for high precision measurements in applications such as biometric sensors or smart metering
- The STM32F3x8 line, supporting 1.8V operation
Package options are LQPF48/64/100, UFBGA100, WLCSP66/49, UQFN32 for the devices ranging now from to 32 up to
256 Kbytes of Flash.
Versions with 384 and 512 Kbytes Flash and 144 pins will be available in Q2/2014.