STM32 F3 series of mixed-signal MCUs with DSP and FPU instructions
The STM32 F3 series combines a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 core (DSP, FPU) running at 72 MHz with a high number of integrated analog peripherals leading to cost reduction at application level and simplifying application design, including:
- Ultra-fast comparators (<30 ns)
- Op-amp with programmable gain (PGA)
- 12-bit DACs
- Ultra-fast 12-bit ADCs with 5 MSPS per channel (up to 18 MSPS in interleaved mode)
- Precise 16-bit sigma-delta ADCs (21 channels)
- CCM (Core Coupled Memory), a specific memory architecture for RAM execution of time-critical routines, accelerating the performance by 43%
- 144 MHz Advanced 16- bit PWM timer (resolution < 7 ns) for control application
- High resolution timer (217ps), self-compensated vs power supply and temperature drift
A flexible interconnect matrix allows autonomous communication between peripherals and saves CPU resources and power consumption.
A high degree of compatibility with STM32 F0 series guarantees outstanding efficiency when designing derivatives of applications at different performance levels.
The STM32 F3 series consists of:
- The STM32F301, STM32F302, STM32F303 general purpose product lines ranging from a basic, cost efficient peripheral set, up to more performance and analog functions able to manage up to triple FOC motor control,
- The STM32F334 with high-resolution timer (217ps) for digital power conversion, such as D-SMPS, lighting, welding, solar and wireless charging,
- The STM32F373, with 16 bit sigma-delta ADC for high precision measurements in applications such as biometric sensors or smart metering,
- The STM32F3x8 line, supporting 1.8V operation
Package options are LQPF48/64/100, UFBGA100, WLCSP66/49, UQFN32 for the devices ranging now from to 32 up to
256 Kbytes of Flash.
Versions with 384 and 512 Kbytes Flash and 144 pins will be available in Q3/2014.
Highly efficient digital power conversion with new STM32F3 MCU
The STM32F334 is specifically developed to drive efficient digital power conversion applications.
- Temperature- and voltage-compensated hi-res timer with 217ps PWM resolution
- 12-bit ADCs with 5 MSPS
- Ultrafast comparators with 26ns reaction time for increased safety