FDA2100LV2x180 W / 1x300 W low voltage operation PWM digital input power amplifier with I2C diagnostics and step-up driver
The FDA2100LV is a new BCD technology dual bridge class D amplifier, specially intended for car radio applications.
Thanks to the BCD6-SOI (Silicon On Insulation) technology it is possible to integrate a high performance D/A converter together with powerful MOSFET output amplifier working in class D, to get outstanding efficiency with respect to the standard class AB.
The D/A conversion on board allows the performance to reach an outstanding 110 dB S/N ratio with 105 dB of dynamic range. The feedback loop includes the output L-C low-pass filter, allowing superior frequency response linearity and lower distortion independently of the inductor and capacitor quality.
A full diagnostics array communicates the status of each speaker through the I2C bus. The possibility to control the device by means of the I2C bus makes FDA2100LV very flexible.
Thanks to the solutions implemented to solve the EMI problems, the device can be used in the standard single DIN car-radio box together with the tuner.
A built-in step-up driver allows up to 150 W output power with the standard 14 V supply voltage.
The FDA2100LV is moreover compliant to the most recent OEM specifications for low voltage operation (so called 'start-stop' battery profile during engine stop), helping car manufacturers to reduce the overall emissions and thus contributing to environment protection.
- Integrated 105 dB D/A conversion
- I2S & TDM digital input (3.3/1.8 V)
- Input sampling frequency: 44.1kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- Step-up driver included
- EMI control for FM/AM compatibility
- Dithering possibility
- Capable to operate down to 6 V (e.g."start-stop")
- 6 V - 35 V operating range (RL= 8 Ω)
- Low component count output low-pass filter
- Output low-pass filter included in the feedback
- Low radiation function (LRF)
- High output power capability
- 2 x 80 W/4 Ω @ 25 V, 1 kHz, 10 % THD
- 2 x 120 W/4 Ω @ 30 V, 1 kHz, 10 % THD
- 1 x 150 W/2 Ω @ 25 V, 1 kHz, 10 % THD
- Full I2C bus driving (3.3/1.8 V):
- I2C bus digital diagnostics (including DC and AC load detection); AC and DC loudspeaker diagnostic
- Very flexible fault detection through integrated diagnostic
- Protected against several kinds of misconnections
- Offset detector (play or mute mode)
- Two independent short circuit protections
- Clipping detector
- C-MOS compatible enable pin (3.3/5 V)
- ESD protection
- Package: TQFP64 exposed pad up
DB2074: 2 x 180 W / 1 x 300 W PWM digital input power amplifier with built-in diagnostics features and step-up driver
Publications and Collaterals
FDA801 and FDA801B Full digital audio amplifiers for car infotainment systems
Power amplifiers and voltage regulators
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||Operating Temperature (min)||Operating Temperature (max)||Automotive Grade||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|FDA2100LV||Active||TQFP 64 10x10x1.0||Tray||-40||105||Yes||-||7|
|FDA2100LV-T||Active||TQFP 64 10x10x1.0||Tape And Reel||-40||105||Yes||-||7||No availability reported, please contact our Sales office||Ecopack2||PDF|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.