LSM303CUltra-compact high-performance e-compass 3D accelerometer and 3D magnetometer module
The LSM303C is a system-in-package featuring a 3D digital linear acceleration sensor and a 3D digital magnetic sensor.
The LSM303C has linear acceleration full scales of ±2 g / ±4 g / ±8 g and a magnetic field full scale of ±16 gauss.
The LSM303C includes an I2C serial bus interface that supports standard and fast mode (100 kHz and 400 kHz) and an SPI serial standard interface.
The system can be configured to generate an interrupt signal for free-fall, motion detection and magnetic field detection.
The magnetic and accelerometer blocks can be enabled or put into power-down mode separately.
The LSM303C is available in a plastic land grid array package (LGA) and is guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range from -40 °C to +85 °C.
- 3 magnetic field channels and 3 acceleration channels
- ±16 gauss magnetic full scale
- ±2/±4/±8 g selectable acceleration full scale
- 16-bit data output
- SPI / I2C serial interfaces
- Analog supply voltage 1.9 V to 3.6 V
- Power-down mode / low-power mode
- Programmable interrupt generators for free-fall, motion detection and magnetic field detection
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded FIFO
- ECOPACK®, RoHS and “Green” compliant
DS9813: Ultra-compact high-performance eCompass module: 3D accelerometer and 3D magnetometer
Technical Notes & Articles
TN0018: Surface mounting guidelines for MEMS sensors in an LGA package
Presentations & Training Material
LIS2DH12 vs LSM303C