STM32 F3 series of mixed-signal MCUs with DSP and FPU instructions
The STM32 F3 series combines a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 core (DSP, FPU) running at 72 MHz with a high number of integrated analog peripherals leading to cost reduction at application level and simplifying application design, including:
- Ultra-fast comparators (<30 ns)
- Op-amp with programmable gain (PGA)
- 12-bit DACs
- Ultra-fast 12-bit ADCs with 5 MSPS per channel (up to 18 MSPS in interleaved mode)
- Precise 16-bit sigma-delta ADCs (21 channels)
- CCM (Core Coupled Memory), a specific memory architecture for RAM execution of time-critical routines, accelerating the performance by 43%
- 144 MHz Advanced 16- bit PWM timer (resolution < 7 ns) for control application
- High resolution timer (217ps), self-compensated vs power supply and temperature drift
A flexible interconnect matrix allows autonomous communication between peripherals and saves CPU resources and power consumption.
A high degree of compatibility with STM32 F0 series guarantees outstanding efficiency when designing derivatives of applications at different performance levels.
The STM32 F3 series consists of:
- The STM32F301, STM32F302, STM32F303 general purpose product lines ranging from a basic, cost efficient peripheral set, up to more performance and analog functions able to manage up to triple FOC motor control,
- The STM32F334 with high-resolution timer (217ps) for digital power conversion, such as D-SMPS, lighting, welding, solar and wireless charging,
- The STM32F373, with 16 bit sigma-delta ADC for high precision measurements in applications such as biometric sensors or smart metering,
- The STM32F3x8 line, supporting 1.8V operation
Package options are LQPF48/64/100, UFBGA100, WLCSP66/49, UQFN32 for the devices ranging now from to 32 up to
256 Kbytes of Flash.
Versions with 384 and 512 Kbytes Flash and 144 pins will be available in Q3/2014.
Software development for STM32 made easy with STM32Cube™
STM32Cube™ is an entirely free tool, providing
STM32CubeMX , a generator of initialization C-code for STM32 MCUs, based on a graphical user interface, and one embedded software library per series of STM32 products, containing the hardware abstraction layer (HAL) for the STM32 peripherals and a set of Middleware (RTOS, USB, TCP/IP, Graphics, …) based on components that are either ST developed or open source
The initialization code and HAL and Middleware library work with all STM32 compilers, the included project examples are set up for IAR, Keil, and the GCC based Atollic IDE.
STM32Cube comes with hundreds of application code examples and supports the STM32 F4, STM32 F3 STM32 F2, STM32 F0 and STM32 L0 series