STM-STUDIOSTM Studio run-time variables monitoring and visualization tool
STMicroelectronics STM Studio helps debug and diagnose STM8 and STM32 applications while they are running by reading and displaying their variables in real-time.
Running on a PC, STM Studio interfaces with STM8 and STM32 MCUs via standard development tools, such as the low cost ST-LINK and RLink along with the high-end STM8 STice emulation system.
STM Studio is a non-intrusive tool, preserving the real-time behavior of applications.
STM Studio perfectly complements traditional debugging tools to fine tune applications. It is well suited for debugging applications which cannot be stopped, such as motor control applications.
Different graphic views are available to match the needs of debugging and diagnosis or to demonstrate application behavior.
- Runs on PCs with Microsoft®Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 OS
- Connects to any STM8 via ST-LINK, RLink or STICE (SWIM protocol)
- Connects to any STM32 via ST-LINK (JTAG or SWD protocols)
- Reads on-the-fly (non intrusive) variables from RAM while application is running
- Parses DWARF debugging information in the ELF application executable file
- 2 types of viewer:
Variable viewer - Real-time waveforms, oscilloscope-like graphs TouchPoint viewer - Association of 2 variables, one on the X axis, one on the Y axis
- Possibility to log data into a file, and replay later (exhaustive record display, not real-time)
DB1183: STM Studio for STM32 and STM8 devices
AN3150: Guidelines to optimize proximity detection with STM8T141 and STM8T143 capacitive sensors
UM1025: Getting started with STM-STUDIO
RN0058: STM-STUDIO release 3.2
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Version||Marketing Status||Order From ST|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.