STM32-MP3NL/CODAudio Engine MP3 Codec and Utilities
STMicroelectronics STM32 Audio Engine is a set of software libraries allowing customers to build audio applications with high-quality and professional results.
The popular MP3 format is part of the formats a professional application should support to ensure the best musical experience.
Therefore, the MP3 codec library is a must. It removes the need for an external MP3 codec component. Moreover, unlike many open-source solutions, it was written specifically for STM32, and is therefore highly optimized, leaving room for other application tasks to run concurrently with the audio encoding/decoding.
In addition, it comes with a set of impressive add-ons such as a channel mixer, a standalone 5-band parametric equalizer and loudness control to provide a complete plug-and-play solution for STM32 customers.
The MP3 codec library is not available for all STM32 family members.
- MPEG-1, 2 or 2.5 formats
- Layers 1, 2 and 3
- Constant bit rate and variable bit rate
- Mono or stereo input streams
- PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) output
- Solution optimized for STM32
- MP3 decoder with built-in equalizer
- MP3 encoder
- Audio utilities:
- Channel mixer utility (for volume and mute control)
- Standalone 5-band parametric equalizer utility
- Loudness control utility
- Object codes, accessed by the user application through an extensive API in C
- Full documentation included, demo software available
- Demo project available for IAR EWARM, Keil MDK-ARM and Raisonance RIDE
DB1245: STM32 audio engine – MP3 codec library
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.