EVALST7590T-2STarGRID ST7590T SoC PRIME-certified power line communication development kit
Based on the ST7590 powerline communication system-on-chip, the EVALST7590T-2 development kit embeds all the functions required for a turnkey powerline communication network: the PLC node is based on the ST7590T device, the AC power supply is based on the ALTAIR4-900 SMPS controller and the STM32F103RG microcontroller, to either control the system as a standalone application or to connect the EVALST7590T-2 to an external host.
The EVALST7590T-2 embeds ST’s full PRIME-compliant protocol stack and provides a complete reference for PRIME-based applications such as smart meters or concentrators, and is an ideal standalone tool for in-field PRIME network tests.
The EVALST7590T-2 kit supports DLMS/COSEM libraries and has been jointly developed by ST and Fideltronik to accelerate high-volume
industrial implementation and customization, as well as to provide ready and customizable solutions for any special, low-volume application.
- PRIME-certified powerline communication development kit based on STarGRID™ ST7590T PLC SoC
- Complete and certified EN50065 compliant reference design for modular and integrated PRIME-based application development
- Onboard STM32F103RG microcontroller for system management and application host controller
- AC power supply based on the ALTAIR04-900 quasi-resonant current mode SMPS controller
- RS232 / RS485 host interface to STM32F103RG microcontroller with opto-couplers for double insulation
- Intuitive graphical user interface (GUI)
- Suitable for CENELEC EN50065 and FCC part 15 compliant applications
DB1777: STarGRID™ ST7590T SoC PRIME-certified powerline communication development kit
Design Notes & Tips
DN0025: Maximize Power Line Communication signal level on ST7590 PRIME compliant applications
Board Manufacturing Specification
Gerber files for EVALST7590T-2
Bill of Materials
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Core Product||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.