WITT-RTOSWittenstein OpenRTOS, commercial flavor of open source FreeRTOS
WITTENSTEIN High Integrity Systems is a safety systems company that produces and supplies real time operating systems and platform solutions to the Medical, Aerospace, Transportation, Defense and Industrial sectors, increasing application development efficiency whilst reducing risk through third party certification.
OPENRTOS®from WITTENSTEIN High Integrity Systems is the commercially supported and licensed version of the highly successful, free to download, FreeRTOSTM, the most popular kernel available for embedded micro-controllers.
OPENRTOS has minimal ROM, RAM and processing overhead. Typically an OPENRTOS kernel binary image will be in the region of 4K to 9K bytes. OPENRTOS is also very simple to use with the core of the RTOS kernel being contained in only 3 C source files.
OPENRTOS is available integrated with USB, FAT and TCP/IP, providing a complete embedded platform with a fully commercial license.
OPENRTOS is supplied as source code under a straightforward perpetual license with no runtime fees or royalties. Customers receive comprehensive documentation and our full support after delivery.
This product is supplied by a third party not affiliated to ST. For complete and latest information on the specification and the purchased parts package, refer to the third party website.
- Benefits of licensing OPENRTOS
- Removes the FreeRTOS modified GPL conditions
- Commercial indemnification including explicit exclusion of open source code
- Professional Support
- Support for middleware through our CONNECT MIDDLEWARE suit
- Supplied as source code, with demo project
- Small footprint, below to 9 kB ROM, 200 bytes RAM (typical) on Cortex™-M
- Supports the complete STM32 processor family
- Compiler agnostic
- Preemptive scheduling option
- Co-operative scheduling option
- Easy to use message passing.
- Round robin with time slicing
- Mutexes with priority inheritance
- Recursive mutexes
- Binary and counting semaphores
- Very efficient software timer
- Easy to use API
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Supplier||Third Party link|
|WITT-RTOS||Active||Wittenstein High Integrity Systems|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.