The L99DZ100G and L99DZ100GP are door zone systems IC providing electronic control modules with enhanced power management power supply functionality, including various standby modes, as well as LIN and HS CAN physical communication layers.
The two low-drop voltage regulators of the devices supply the system microcontroller and external peripheral loads such as sensors and provide enhanced system standby functionality with programmable local and remote wake-up capability. In addition 8 high-side drivers to supply LEDs, 2 high-side drivers to supply bulbs increase the system integration level.
Up to 5 DC motors and 4 external MOS transistors in H-bridge configuration can be driven. An additional gate drive can control an external MOSFET in high-side configuration to supply a resistive load connected to GND (e.g. mirror heater). An electro-chromic mirror glass can be controlled using the integrated SPI-driven module in conjunction with an external MOS transistor. All outputs are SC protected and implement an open-load diagnosis.
The ST standard SPI interface (4.0) allows control and diagnosis of the device and enables generic software development.
- AEC Q100 compliant qualified
- 1 half bridge for 7.5 A load (RON = 100 mΩ)
- 1 half bridge for 7.5 A load (RON = 150 mΩ)
- 2 half bridges for 0.5 A load (RON = 2000 mΩ)
- 2 half bridges for 3 A load (RON = 300 mΩ)
- 1 configurable high-side driver for up to 1.5 A (RON = 500 mΩ) or 0.35 A (RON = 1600 mΩ) load
- 1 configurable high-side driver for 0.8 A (RON = 800 mΩ) or 0.35 A (RON = 1600 mΩ) load
- 3 configurable high-side drivers for 0.15 A/0.35 A (RON =2 Ω)
- 1 configurable high-side driver for 0.25 A/0.5 A (RON = 2 Ω) to supply EC Glass MOSFET
- 4 configurable high-side drivers for 0.15 A/0.25 A (RON = 5 Ω)
- Internal 10bit PWM timer for each stand-alone high-side driver
- Buffered supply for voltage regulators and 2 high-side drivers (OUT15 & OUT_HS / both P-channel) to supply e.g. external contacts
- Programmable soft-start function to drive loads with higher inrush currents as current limitation value (for OUT1-6, OUT7, OUT8 and OUT_HS) with thermal expiration feature
- All the embedded outputs come with protection and supervision features:
- Current Monitor (high-side only)
- Thermal warning
- Thermal shutdown
- Fully protected driver for external MOSFETs in H-bridge configuration or dual Half bridge configuration
- Fully protected driver for external high-side MOSFET
- Control block for electro-chromic element
- Two 5 V voltage regulators for microcontroller and peripheral supply
- Programmable reset generator for power-on and undervoltage
- Configurable window watchdog
- LIN 2.2a compliant (SAEJ2602 compatible) transceiver
- Advanced high speed CAN transceiver (ISO 11898-2:2003 /-5:2007 and SAE J2284 compliant) with local failure and bus failure diagnosis and selective wake-up functionality according to ISO 11898-6:2013
- Separated (Isolated) fail-safe block with 2 LS (RON = 1 Ω) to pull down the gates of the external HS MOSFETs
- Thermal clusters
- A/D conversion of supply voltages and internal temperature sensors
- Embedded and programmable VS duty cycle adjustment for LED driver outputs