The L99DZ120 is a door zone systems IC providing electronic control modules with enhanced power management power supply functionality, including various standby modes, as well as LIN physical communication layers.
The two low-drop voltage regulators of the devices supply the system microcontroller and external peripheral loads such as sensors and provide enhanced system standby functionality with programmable local and remote wake-up capability. In addition 8 high-side drivers to supply LEDs, 2 high-side drivers to supply bulbs increase the system integration level.
Up to 3 DC motors and 4 external MOS transistors in H-bridge configuration can be driven. All outputs are SC protected and implement an open-load diagnosis.
The ST standard SPI interface (4.0) allows control and diagnosis of the device and enables generic software development.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- 1 half bridge for 7.5 A load (RON = 100 mΩ)
- 1 half bridge for 7.5 A load (RON = 150 mΩ)
- 2 half bridges for 3 A load (RON = 300 mΩ)
- 1 configurable high-side driver for up to 1.5 A (RON = 500 mΩ) or 0.35 A (RON = 1600 mΩ) load
- 1 configurable high-side driver for 0.8 A (RON = 800 mΩ) or 0.35 A (RON = 1600 mΩ) load
- 3 configurable high-side drivers for 0.15 A/0.35 A (RON =2 Ω)
- 1 configurable high-side driver for 0.25 A/0.5 A (RON = 2 Ω)
- 4 configurable high-side drivers for 0.15 A/0.25 A (RON = 5 Ω)
- Internal 10bit PWM timer for each stand-alone high-side driver
- Buffered supply for voltage regulators and 2 high-side drivers (OUT15 & OUT_HS / both P-channel) to supply e.g. external contacts
- Programmable soft-start function to drive loads with higher inrush currents as current limitation value (for OUT1-6, OUT7, OUT8 and OUT_HS) with thermal expiration feature
- All the embedded outputs come with protection and supervision features:
- Current Monitor (high-side only)
- Thermal warning
- Thermal shutdown
- Fully protected driver for external MOSFETs in H-bridge configuration
- Two 5 V voltage regulators for microcontroller and peripheral supply
- Programmable reset generator for power-on and undervoltage
- Configurable window watchdog
- LIN 2.2a compliant (SAEJ2602 compatible) transceiver
- Separated (Isolated) fail-safe block with 2 LS (RON = 1 Ω) to pull down the gates of the external HS MOSFETs
- Thermal clusters
- A/D conversion of supply voltages and internal temperature sensors
- Embedded and programmable VS duty cycle adjustment for LED driver outputs