The BlueNRG-2 is a very low power Bluetooth low energy (BLE) single-mode system-on-chip, compliant with Bluetooth specification.
The BlueNRG-2 extends the features of award-winning BlueNRG network processor, enabling the usage of the embedded Cortex M0 for running the user application code.
The BlueNRG-2 includes 256 KB of programming Flash memory, 24 KB of static RAM memory with retention (two 12 KB banks) and SPI, UART, I²C standard communication interface peripherals. It also features multifunction timers, watchdog, RTC and DMA controller.
An ADC is available for interfacing with analog sensors, and for reading the measurement of the integrated battery monitor. A digital filter is available for processing a PDM stream.
The BlueNRG-2 offers the same excellent RF performance of the BlueNRG radio, and the integrated high efficiency DC/DC converter keeps the same ultra-low power characteristics, but the BlueNRG-2 improves the BlueNRG sleep mode current consumption allowing a further increase in the battery lifetime of the applications.
- Bluetooth low energy single mode system-on-chip compliant with Bluetooth 5.0 specifications:
- master, slave and multiple simultaneous roles
- LE data packet length extension
- Operating supply voltage: from 1.7 to 3.6 V
- Integrated linear regulator and DC-DC step-down converter
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 105 °C
- High performance, ultra-low power Cortex-M0 32-bit based architecture core
- Programmable 256 kB Flash
- 24 kB RAM with retention (two 12 kB banks)
- 1 x UART interface
- 1 x SPI interface
- 2 x I²C interface
- 14, 15 or 26 GPIOs
- 2 x multifunction timer
- 10-bit ADC
- Watchdog and RTC
- DMA controller
- PDM stream processor
- 16 or 32 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz ring oscillator
- Battery voltage monitor and temperature sensor
- Up to +8 dBm available output power (at antenna connector)
- Excellent RF link budget (up to 96 dB)
- Accurate RSSI to allow power control
- 8.3 mA TX current (@ -2 dBm, 3.0 V)
- Down to 1 µA current consumption with active BLE stack (sleep mode)
- ST companion integrated balun/filter chips are available
- Average advertisement current consumption 15.34 µA (advertisement interval 1000 ms) – 1 year, 8 months, 19 days with 230 mAh battery (CR2032)
- Average connection current consumption 7.059 µA (connection interval 1000 ms) – 3 years, 10 months, 12 days with 230 mAh battery (CR2032)
- Suitable for building applications compliant with the following radio frequency regulations: ETSI EN 300 328, EN 300 440, FCC CFR47 part 15, ARIB STD-T66
- Pre-programmed bootloader via UART
- QFN32, QFN48 and WCSP34 package options