Sigfox™ is a long range wireless area network allowing low-power sensors to benefit from a planetary network, enabling end devices with low BOM cost.
The X-CUBE-SFOX Expansion Package consists of a set of libraries, open routines and application examples for the Murata CMWX1ZZABZ-xxx module acting as an end device. It includes an application running on the low-power wireless B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery kit.
X-CUBE-SFOX running on the CMWX1ZZABZ-xxx is Sigfox™ ready.
Two examples are additionally provided in the package. They implement respectively: a Sigfox™ modem controlled via AT commands over a UART interface, and a push button that sends environmental sensor data to the Sigfox™ network when pushed.
- Compliant with the Sigfox™ proprietary protocol
- Bidirectional end devices
- RCZ1 compliant - 868 MHz ISM band - 27 EU countries, Oman, South Africa, Iran, Kenya
- RCZ2 compliant - 920 MHz ISM band - US, Brazil, Mexico, Canada
- RCZ4 compliant - 920 MHz ISM band - Colombia, Peru, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan
- End-device personalization and activation on the Sigfox™ network for evaluation
- High resilience to interference through UNB (ultra-narrow band) intrinsic ruggedness and Sigfox™ base station spatial diversity
- Configurable maximum Tx power
- High network capacity through UNB and small radio frames size
- High energy efficiency
- Very long range
- High quality of service