ST offers specific USB port dataline and VBus® protection devices in a single package, covering the full range of USB devices. These protection devices are suitable for all USB lines including use in consumer (cell phones, smartphones, notebooks), industrial, and medical applications.
- Availability of all USB speed/versions such as USB2.0, USB3.0 and the µUSB universal port
- Compatibility with VBus® up to 32 V
- Compatibility with universal USB
Cost and service performance is guaranteed due to ST’s high-volume production capacity, integrated front-end and multiple back-end lines, as well as partnerships with major subcontractors.
Advanced USB ESD protection for cutting-edge microcontrollers
ST offers the industry’s widest range of ESD protection devices for microcontroller-based applications with USB interfaces:
- USB 2.0 low and full speed, with the USBLC6-2 and -4 series ensuring robust ESD immunity up to 15 kV (contact discharge)
- USB 2.0 high speed, with the USBULC6-xxx series whose ultra-low capacitance guarantees optimum signal integrity and ESD protection
- USB 3.1 datalines and Type-C connectors with Power Delivery and Alternate Mode support, with single- (ESDAXLC6-1Bxx) and multi-line ESD protection (HSP061 series) operating at bandwidths up to 10 GHz
- VBus® pin, kept safe from Electrical Over Stress (EOS) with the ESDA7P60-1U1M transient voltage suppressor featuring 700 W peak pulse power capability
To remove radiated noise from USB 2.0 high-speed and 3.1 links, the ECMF™ series combines both ESD protection and common-mode filtering.