ST’s high-speed ESD protection devices efficiently protect the highest speed interfaces such as HDMI, USB3.0, Ethernet, DVI, MIPI, MHL, DisplayPort™ or Thunderbolt.
- The highest bandwidth of up to 8.7 GHz that surpasses industry standards, securing full integrity of the high-speed signal
- Outstanding clamping voltage (VCL) preserving the interface controller ICs from any ESD events
- A wide range of packages including compact µQFN, WLCSP, and industry-standard SOT
ST’s high-speed ESD protection solutions offer a comprehensive PCB layout approach with two options:
- Flow-through configuration easing PCB design and interface testing, with the new HSP series
- Miniaturization with optimized pinout and small packages for board space and cost savings, amongst others
HSP series protects high-speed datalines
ST’s HSP series of high-speed port protection devices is designed to protect very high data rate interfaces, including HDMI, Ethernet, USB3.0, SATA and MHL. The 2-, 4- and 8-line HSP devices are fully compliant with IEC 61000-4-2 - level 4. 8 kV ESD contact discharge voltage spikes are clamped between 18 V and 27 V (after 30 ns), protecting all interface controllers against ESD events. Their ultralow capacitance allows for bandwidths from 4.3 GHz to 8.7 GHz, providing ample safety margin even for very fast interfaces. Application development time is minimized thanks to standard pad layout and flow-through topology. The ESD protection can be removed or added without further PCB modifications. Compliant with all high-speed ports below 10 Gbit/s, ST’s HSP protection devices are key for any high-speed communication interfaces.