STMCube™ is an STMicroelectronics original initiative to make developers’ lives easier by reducing development efforts, time and cost. STM32Cube covers the whole STM32 portfolio.
STM32Cube includes STM32CubeMX, a graphical software configuration tool that allows the generation of C initialization code using graphical wizards.
It also comprises the STM32CubeH7 platform which includes the STM32Cube HAL (an STM32 abstraction layer embedded software, ensuring maximized portability across the STM32 portfolio), plus a consistent set of middleware components (RTOS, USB, TCP/IP and graphics). All embedded software utilities are delivered with a full set of examples.
STM32CubeH7 gathers in one single package all the generic embedded software components required to develop an application on STM32H7 microcontrollers. Following STM32Cube initiative, this set of components is highly portable, not only within STM32H7 Series but also to other STM32 series.
STM32CubeH7 is fully compatible with STM32CubeMX code generator that allows generating initialization code. The package includes a low level hardware abstraction layer (HAL) that covers the microcontroller hardware, together with an extensive set of examples running on STMicroelectronics boards. The HAL is available in open-source BSD license for user convenience.
- Consistent and complete embedded software offer that frees the user from dependency issues
- Maximized portability between all STM32 series supported by STM32Cube
- Hundreds of examples for easy understanding
- High quality HAL using CodeSonar® static analysis tool
- STM32H7-specific middleware including USB Host and Device and TCP/IP stack
- Free user-friendly license terms
- Update mechanism that can be enabled by the user to be notified of new releases